Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FRENCH SPECIAL FORCES LOADOUT

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Leuthas hit the nail on the head. Too many people assume just because you're SWAT or some higher-tiered LEO that you're automatically on point with training and kit. When in fact, so many are just a few weeks of training above (but share a similar mentality to) your average gun store Fudd.

Orange County SO still using pistol caliber carbines? Against ISIS inspired terrorists with an M4? Really? Who's call was that? 1994 called and they want their gun back.

Source: Personal experience.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm familiar with a city P.D. where the special ops "head" was an administrator given this task so he or she wouldn't screw up something else. One was an older guy who could have but had not retired. The other was a much younger woman. I remember that the woman selected and ordered weapons without asking team members' opinions. During this time(20 years ago), the Colt AR 9mm with selector switch was the carbine. Should an operator see a need to move the selector from semi to full, he was required to send word back to his sgt for permission. It's very likely that after 20 years, some of this type stupidity still exists.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    watching CNN… I watched a fully kitted out French police officer struggle for 20 seconds attempting to get his rifle slung over his head

I don't know the details or issues, but it appeared that he hadn't practiced that particular movement in full kit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    watching CNN… I watched a fully kitted out French police officer struggle for 20 seconds attempting to get his rifle slung over his head

I don't know the details or issues, but it appeared that he hadn't practiced that particular movement in full kit.
    I think your referring to the guy in Munich that couldn't sling his weapon, and yeah...that was painful to watch.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

FRENCH SPECIAL FORCES LOADOUT

I love how people are questioning bringing multiple guns...to a literal gun fight...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I love how people are questioning bringing multiple guns...to a literal gun fight...
    Most of the commentary isn't about the presence of the extra gun as much as the method of deployment.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234