Thread: LaRue mount

Feedback Score

LaRue mount

Which mount are you using with a T1? I purchased a LaRue LT660 because I liked the quality of the LT661 I used on my shotgun. The LT660 seems to sit up a little high for me because when snapped in the RD is in the lower section of glass. Is this just something I have to get use to? I have to raise my head slightly to bring the RD more center of glass.

Feedback Score
    I assume you have the 1/3rd co witness of the 660?(high mount) ....I run one on my AR and havent noticed any issues..I run a LT751 on my Scar , sits a tad lower..

Feedback Score
    Yes, it's the high mount. Sounds like I should have ordered the LT751
    Last edited by jk6672; 11-25-15 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    You have the 660... the lower-1/3rd co-witness. I prefer that, as I use fixed irons anyway, but if you're using flip-ups, an absolute co-witness is a better way to go (in my opinion). That's the 751.

Feedback Score
    I have BUIS. I emailed them to see if I can exchange it for the lower mount.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Keep using it. You'll get used to it and never want to use an absolute mount again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
    Which mount are you using with a T1? I purchased a LaRue LT660 because I liked the quality of the LT661 I used on my shotgun. The LT660 seems to sit up a little high for me because when snapped in the RD is in the lower section of glass. Is this just something I have to get use to? I have to raise my head slightly to bring the RD more center of glass.
    I'm using a LT660, and ADM that places the BUIS in the lower 1/3 of my T1s. The lower 1/3 is my preference as opposed to absolute co-witness.

Whether you want to get used to a lower 1/3 is up to you. If it doesn't jive with you, I'd recommend going absolute co-witness.

Feedback Score
    I know it's all personal preference, but why would you never go back?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
    Don't rule out Bobro mounts.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma