Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    So they are a good value? I've been "this" close to buying one and the low cost screamed cheap to me and I walked away.
    They aren't perfect, but they're really good.
    I wouldn't choose another pistol caliber carbine over it at the moment. And I have some significant time behind MP5s of various flavors.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I wouldn't choose another pistol caliber carbine over it at the moment. And I have some significant time behind MP5s of various flavors.
    Thanks, added to the list.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Especially for the price I don't think you can beat em.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OhThatGuy View Post
    I've successfully resisted pistol caliber carbines for the last few years but this thing makes it hard, very hard.
    I was pretty much the same. I had a passing interest when this thread showed up a year ago, but didn't really commit until I happened to catch a detail strip video on YT. These things are pretty modular using factory parts and the aftermarket seems to be catching on pretty quickly. You can SBR the carbine with a new factory pistol barrel and handguard for $200 and a tax stamp.

I haven't had a chance to take mine out yet, but it seems like its gonna be a fun gun to play with.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I haven't shot mine much but i was impressed with how robust it felt for being an inexpensive plastic gun. It is cheap, but it doesn't feel cheap (to me). I'm not a stickler for f&f though so I haven't really looked too hard at it.

ETA: mine is pistol waiting on stamp, not carbine.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Im eagerly awaiting a SBR tax stamp plus a suppressor stamp. Plan to nest the suppressor under a carbine handguard

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I can't remember if I already asked, and if so whether it was answered, but how easy is it to go to SBR when starting with the carbine version?

Is it relatively DIY like an AR? Or more of involved like SBRing an AK?

I looked at the Vector KRISS Gen 2, but having to send it back to the factory to have the shorter barrel installed is a deal breaker.

My only option is to start with the carbine, since the pistol is not legally obtainable where I live. I'll eventually be in an SBR friendly state, but I don't want to deal with having to send the gun back to the factory or to gunsmiths to transform it.

Also, do both carbines have the full length barrel? In other words, does the faux suppressor model have barrel under the suppressor? Or is it a pistol length barrel with a pinned extension on it?

Lastly, how easy is it to swap to the shorter hand gaurds from the extended carbine ones?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Barrel and handguard swap is stupid easy. You can basically break the gun down to a pile of parts with nothing more than Allen wrenches.

Since it's straight blowback there's really nothing more to SBR it than a barrel swap. No difference between the carbine and pistol in terms of the action.

ETA

You also need a wrench for the barrel nut in addition to the allens. Carbine requires a special long hollow wrench. I happen to know a fella that might have a few for sale cheaper than the other options soon though

Last edited by nova3930; 12-16-16 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    IIRC the handguard is relatively easy to swap but not so easy you want to be going back and forth.

I also think to swap the barrel requires an expensivish tool and headspacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I can't remember if I already asked, and if so whether it was answered, but how easy is it to go to SBR when starting with the carbine version?

Is it relatively DIY like an AR? Or more of involved like SBRing an AK?

I looked at the Vector KRISS Gen 2, but having to send it back to the factory to have the shorter barrel installed is a deal breaker.

My only option is to start with the carbine, since the pistol is not legally obtainable where I live. I'll eventually be in an SBR friendly state, but I don't want to deal with having to send the gun back to the factory or to gunsmiths to transform it.

Also, do both carbines have the full length barrel? In other words, does the faux suppressor model have barrel under the suppressor? Or is it a pistol length barrel with a pinned extension on it?

Lastly, how easy is it to swap to the shorter hand gaurds from the extended carbine ones?

Thanks
    I'm certainly no expert on these things, I did do considerable research before I committed to buying my carbine version but I think I can answer your questions...

If you're fully committed to making one into an SBR, by far the simplest way is to start with the pistol version since all thats required is to insure you are 922r compliant (thats another topic), then simply push a button, slide off the receiver endplate and slide on your factory stock or aftermarket adapter and stock... done. The downside is you're stuck with a pistol until you get your stamp, unless you want one of those stupid and useless "braces" (again, another topic).

The faux suppressor model carbines do have a full length 16" barrel. The suppressor is a hollow tube, open on one end with a threaded cap on the other. It slides on over the barrel and the threaded cap is what threads on in place of a muzzle device. Its Loctited in place but can be removed and replaced with the factory brake or other muzzle device.

Both the pistol and carbine handguards are held on by a nut threaded onto the barrel. The carbine does require an extended socket to reach into the handguard, and the tools available aren't cheap from the one source offering them, but supposedly other more economical versions are on the horizon. The pistol is easier, and should be done with a wrench designed for the task, but the wrench is reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    IIRC the handguard is relatively easy to swap but not so easy you want to be going back and forth.

I also think to swap the barrel requires an expensivish tool and headspacing.
    As far as I've found, headspacing is not required, nor would it be simple to change since the barrels are threaded into a trunion (or barrel fixation as I believe CZ calls it) and then staked, the trunion's position is a fixed location within the molded receiver halves.

Heres a YT video from a guy who tore his all the way down to have it Cerakoted. This will give you some idea how simple these things are...

Last edited by BBossman; 12-17-16 at 06:51.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast