Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I bought a Scorpion specifically to use it as a SBR suppressor host. When i got it, I cleaned it, test fired, cleaned again, installed the 922r parts, took some pictures for this thread, and put it back in the box while I waited for the Form 1 to clear. Purchased a carbine handguard from CZ in December when they were having a 10% off sale. Form 1 was approved earlier this month almost exactly 7 months to the day so I finally put the stock on and swapped the handguards.

The original barrel nut had an obscene amount of thread locker on it. I tried using an adjustable crescent wrench and channel locks but I ended up having to order the dedicated HBI tool. Even with the tool, I needed to stand on the pistol while using an 18" breaker bar to loosen the nut. There was a plastic washer between the nut and the pistol handguard. I read elsewhere on the internet that I wouldn't need this washer with the carbine handguard but that wasn't the case. Without the plastic washer, the carbine barrel nut tightened too far down the barrel and had very little thread engagement. I reused the plastic washer and it fits perfectly into a recess in the barrel channel of the carbine handguard.

The carbine handguard came with a new style hex nut so I didn't need a special tool for that. I used a 21mm deep well socket with a ratchet extension. If you have muzzle accessories that made use of the leaf spring thing on the pistol barrel nut, it won't work with this new nut.

The HBI extended charging handle is a huge improvement. The HBI spring kit reduced the trigger pull weight considerably and is a no brainer upgrade considering the cost. I got their trigger pack hardware refresh kit too, while I was at it. The Apex safety kit gets the safety out of the way of my trigger finger but the lever is now positioned too high for me to flip it into the fire position without breaking my grip. It might work better for people with longer thumbs but I would try something else if I could do it again. I'll probably order the Apex pistol grip the next time I make an order from Midway or Brownells. I have no problem with the factory stock, trigger shoe, and magazine release so I'm leaving those alone.

My Octane 9 is mounted with a 1/2x28 piston and fixed barrel spacer. This suppressor is basically going to live on this gun. I might look into a three lug mount later. I have a MRO and ADM low mount on the way for an optic.

I haven't fired any defensive ammo through it yet but if it proves reliable with JHP rounds, this thing may become my primary home defense gun. I'm impressed so far.

Last edited by vereceleritas; 02-12-17 at 16:47.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    SB Tactical Brace is excellent. Fits very snug with no wobble. Has the added benefit of folding. Locks solidly in place. Does not lock in the folded position.

Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 02-11-17 at 16:42.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy-Reticle View Post
    SB Tactical Brace is excellent. Fits very snug with no wobble. Has the added benefit of folding. Locks solidly in place. Does not lock in the folded position.

That is the setup I would run. Just basically for convenience. SB Tactical has changed the subgun for the better. As of right now with laws as they are I for one, don't want a pistol tied to a stamp. I live in the corner of where three states meet and like the idea of leaving it as a pistol setup. I know it is easy enough to fill out the paperwork to transport an SBR across state lines, but I have not committed myself to an SBR for just those reasons. Also, I love that most states view a Scorpion ,like Fuzzy's, as a pistol. Which usually allows it to be CCW (inside my truck) legally, where as some states won't allow a rifle to be locked and loaded. I have an MPX with a SB Tactical collapsible brace for just that reason.

I have been wanting both a Scorpion and a Vector in 9mm. Looks like that will be next on my agenda. That is a great looking Scorpion Fuzzy!
    Last edited by CharlieDeltaJuliet; 02-11-17 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks.
    As parts arrive I'm adding them. I installed a set of HBI mini Ak safety selectors. These are really a major improvement over the stock ones. They make more ergonomic sense than the OEM ones. Down for safe and Up for fire and can be manipulated with the shooters trigger finger with ease. When on safe you can feel that they are there but don't interfere with gripping the weapon. I mounted a Sig Romeo 5 RDS. Hey the price was right and this is just a range toy so an Aimpoint micro was not in the cards or budget. I think the lines of the optic go well with the Scorpion in that funky F117 wobbly goblin sort of way.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 06-03-17 at 17:31.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Finally got my tax stamp. Muzzle extension installed so I can shoot with the carbine handguard while waiting for my can to get out of Nfa jail

Nate
    NAAH Tool Works
    Naahtoolworks.com
    Naahtoolworks@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    Looks good! How do you like the grip? I was told you have to take the new grip off if you want to clean it because it comes in contact with the trigger guard too much. Do you find that to be true?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like HB Industrustries will be offering FDE versions of their rails soon. Will be sending my FDE EVO in for the "K" conversion shortly after.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Finally got my Scorpion carbine out for some shooting, no surprises, functions as designed and more accurate than I'm capable of with a 9mm handgun. I added a right side safety delete and a Sig Romeo5. For whatever reason I couldn't bring myself to spring for an Aimpoint Micro for this thing, even though the Scorpion cost more than my last 6920 for which I gladly spent the money to mount an Aimpoint.

This thing BEGS to be an SBR, but unfortunately I'm subject to both federal and state laws reguarding SBR's. I'm limited by state regulations to a minimum OAL of 29" so the best I could do would be the pistol with the KAK "Flash Can", linked to earlier in this thread on a Form 1. To me, its just not worth the expense to save 5".

I stumbled upon a take-off pistol handguard cheap, so now I have a faux SBR with a faux suppressor. ...

Last edited by BBossman; 06-03-17 at 08:49.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'll get some pics of mine, but I love my SBR Scorpion. I have the CZ factory folding stock kit, BCM stubby front FG, a Trijicon MRO, and some other HBI bits on it. So much fun to shoot and almost too easy to hit your target within 25 yards.

Feedback Score
    I love it because it's so cheap to feed!! I'll second the accuracy! I'm able to hit a 12 inch steel gong with ease at 100 yards (standing up). I replaced the trigger springs with HB's and the trigger shoe for Nelson Precision flat faced trigger. LOVE the Nelson trigger shoe and the HB spring kit does help lighten the trigger, but I noticed that the reset is a little sluggish which kinda sucks.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast