Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting with my Father

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just went not too long ago with my dad to the range at Ft. Dix that I belong to. Like the original poster, my father also taught me how to shoot and hunt at 10. Great memories.

We don't do it nearly enough anymore. Maybe a small game hunt around Thanksgiving and one or two outings a year to the range or to shoot skeet.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Shooting with my Mom.

She's very good shot, doing most of the basics right and hitting what she's aiming at. I had to teach my parents how to shoot.

Feedback Score
    My father doesn't shoot anymore because he can,t see the sights on his 1911s. But I can remember going with him down to the range every weekend. He took me to Chapman's Academy to be taught by Ray when I was 16. When we got back he even built us our own 25 yard pistol range. Every week he would take me down to the range to reinforce what I had already learned. He would also have me running any drills that he had learned from his time competing. What is really amazing about my dad is how well he can still shoot just from rote memory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12