Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on 2 subpar ARs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Need some advice on 2 subpar ARs

A local LGS has Black Friday sales. They sell a lot of police turn ins. What's left is Bushmaster and M&P. A buddy of mine wants to buy an AR. I kept telling him to get the Colts that were available but they were $100 - $200 more and he didn't see the point of spending that since an AR is an AR. I tried to explain but whatever. .... so out of the M&P and the Bushmaster, both $400, both 1/9 both police trades. M&P has collapsible stock, Bushmaster has a fixed stock. Which would be better? Or does it matter at this point?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IIRC smith and wesson is much more highly regarded than bushmaster. Thats what i would buy given the choice between the two.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Out of those choices, the M&P by leaps and bounds.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    I second the M&P. First AR I bought, before becoming enlightened, was an M&P. I never had any troubles with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let him own the BM since an AR is an AR.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would go m&p for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostdarva View Post
    First off I will not shop at a liberal store
    Secondly,
    I will not shop at a store that is named after genitalia.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If the lesser of two evils is necessary, then the S&W. My main question is why does he need an AR right now? There are all kinds of deals and it would make much more sense to purchase an upper or lower on sale and then grab the other half in 1-3 months.

The reality is that there is no reason to choose either one. Unless patience isn't a virtue as is the case with most people.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's not lack of patience it's just ....casual gun owner is the best way I can describe it.

His newest general purpose/SHTF is a Yugo SKS. He wants something AR or AK and I've been able to talk him out of Century and IO made products but he won't spend the money on a Arsenal, even a used one.

A few days ago that store had Colt 6721, 6521, and LE 6920. All used and between $600 - $700. The 6920 came with Surefire M500a handguard/flashlight/directional light and YHM rear sight for $700. I grabbed one and tried to get him to stop by but he wouldn't. Now all that's left are Bushy and M&P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I too would love to recommend the S&W (based on company reputation alone), I would actually recommend that they both be inspected as best as possible first. Just because the M&P is made by S&W doesn't mean that there can't be something wrong with it, especially as a turn in.

Feedback Score
    Why bother? Either is a dice game of unknowns. What's his gambling luck?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast