Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on 2 subpar ARs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Why bother? Either is a dice game of unknowns. What's his gambling luck?
    It's hard to explain that to casual shooters. I talked TDP ...better.....worse....standard. ..bla bla bla...he gets its but he doesn't see the advantage. I doubt he's going to shoot a case of ammo in 10 years out of it. He has different understanding of it and that fine with me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It's pretty pointless then. Maybe he could read tea leaves to guide him.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Is he going to vote for Hillary or Bernie? Petty much the same shitty choice. I know guys like that and I tell them to get what ever they want since I wouldn't own either one I don't want anything to do with their decision.

Feedback Score
    You gave him good advice, he ignored it. Let him buy whatever substandard crap he wants to. Some people are fine with mediocre crap, Walmart is proof of that.

I made the mistake of buying a CMMG back in 2005. I had just gotten out of the USMC, and thought an AR is an AR. CMMG is substandard crap. I like to shoot though, and learned my lesson the hard way. Now I'm a stickler for the details.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    You gave him good advice, he ignored it. Let him buy whatever substandard crap he wants to. Some people are fine with mediocre crap, Walmart is proof of that.

I made the mistake of buying a CMMG back in 2005. I had just gotten out of the USMC, and thought an AR is an AR. CMMG is substandard crap. I like to shoot though, and learned my lesson the hard way. Now I'm a stickler for the details.
    Agree with this. You are doing your level best. I have had this discussion/argument until I am blue in the face over and over again. We get guys that come out and shoot with us and then want to put and AR together. You can imagine what they turn up with in spite of informed, friendly and well intentioned advice. It's not like they want to buy an $800 AR you are saying they have to have a $3,000 one to be good to go but they don't want to hear it.

It's like trying to stop your drunk buddy from going home with someone he shouldn't. Logic won't work, ridicule won't work you just have to roll your eyes and drive on.
    Last edited by TommyG; 11-28-15 at 08:10. Reason: Spelling
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    of those 2, get the M&P

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would go with the M&P out of those two choices.

Feedback Score

Need some advice on 2 subpar ARs

He'll get his $400 back when he sells it afterwards anyway. Doesn't really matter which one. If I were forced between the two, it comes down to the rollmark. Everything I would replace or upgrade would be the same for both.

If I step in a pile of dog shit, it really makes no difference with which shoe. At that point, my main concern is not getting my sock wet when I hose it off.

Know what I'm sayin'?

JMO, and it's worth what you paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    He'll get his $400 back when he sells it afterwards anyway. Doesn't really matter which one. If I were forced between the two, it comes down to the rollmark. Everything I would replace or upgrade would be the same for both.

If I step in a pile of dog shit, it really makes no difference with which shoe. At that point, my main concern is not getting my sock wet when I hose it off.

Know what I'm sayin'?

JMO, and it's worth what you paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sad that the OP's friend is going to step in the pile of dog shit though.

OP: "Hey man, I'm pretty sure there are two enormous piles of stinky, steaming, slimy dog shit over there... why don't we take this route instead?"

OP's Friend: "A route is a route, they're all the same right?"

OP: "No man, that route over there is pretty much covered in dog shit, no way to avoid it."

OP's Friend: "Whatever, you're blowing this out of proportion the dog shit can't be that big of a problem. I'm going down that route."

OP: *sighs* "Good luck."

..........6 Months later...........

OP's friend: "Help! I'm covered in dog shit, what do I do now?"

OP:

Feedback Score
    Sometimes around here, the bull s$it
    piles up so fast you need wings to stay
    on top of it.

Bushmaster and M&P are quality guns.
    Police departments all over the country
    use them.

Stainless.
    Last edited by stainless_steel; 11-28-15 at 21:17.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast