Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multicam ECWCS....?

Feedback Score

Multicam ECWCS....?

Specifically the stuff from Tru-Spec, the jacket and the pants, has anyone here had any experience with these items, and if so: feedback both positive and negative?
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    I've got the Tru-spec jacket. Its my second one actually. The first one I had to return and exchange. When in the rain for a long period of time, it would let water seep through the material very slowly in a couple of places. No issues with the replacement one though. My biggest issue is the sizing. I had to get an XL in both the jacket and the fleece liner. A Large would fit me perfect everywhere except the sleeves. In order to get the sleeve length right, I had to get an XL. Its an OK jacket, but I think they could come down on the price a bit for what you get. I have some concerns about the long term durability of the material they use though. Have to wait and see after I've had it a while and used it more. I really want to try one of Propper's new offerings. They look very promising, and if they are anything like a few other items I've tried from their Adventuretech line, they should be very nice.
    ARC'TERYX, TAD gear, and OTTE all make good looking rain proof soft and hardshells. There are some others as well, but those would be some of my first choices. One thing I've learned about these is, if your going to get a GOOD one, its going to cost you. just depends on what its worth to you.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 08-06-08 at 06:52.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    For the price it is a decent jacket. I used mine a couple of times without issue. I had the same sizing issues as Hawkeye. I'm a fairly tall guy and really needed an XL-L, but they only offer Regular sizes at this time. I have since sold it and purchased an Otte Gear Patrol Parka. The price is MUCH higher, but so is the quality and attention to detail (and it's made in the USA).

Stephen

Feedback Score
    Gents, thanks for the info.

At ooooo 6 foot eight, I too have 'sizing' issues At this point it doesn't look like TruSpec makes the pants in Longs so that's kind of a non-starter for me.

I shall look at your other suggestions.
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the US Cavalry is cheapest right now...$79.99.

www.uscav.com

Opps...just checked. They're on sale for $65.88

Feedback Score
    Hrm, when is the Propper stuff coming out in Multi guys?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    If you're referring to the BDU coat and pant, they're already out. USCav has them in stock, as well.

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...6594&TabID=548

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...6595&TabID=548

Saw them in their catalog, that I received a week or two ago... and just confirmed their availability online. Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    Level V jacket and pants are out now, Level VI is supposed to be out sometime later this year.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Level V jacket and pants are out now, Level VI is supposed to be out sometime later this year.
    my google-fu isn't working today, can you steer me in right direction?

Feedback Score
    uscav has them in their new catalog. looks like good stuff. pricey too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast