Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Mission. Defund ATF-41P. It's coming.

Feedback Score

Fire Mission. Defund ATF-41P. It's coming.

Added this

FIRE MISSION: ATF-41P is coming - contact Your U.S. Senator and demand that they approve H.R. 2578 – Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016, without amendment

It is extremely important to let the Senators know that you want either the House version passed or the House's amendments, Amendment 320 - https://www.congress.gov/amendment/1...-amendment/320 and Amendment 302 - https://www.congress.gov/amendment/1...-amendment/302, to be included in any approved appropriations bill.

1. If you don't have a trust, or know someone who needs a trust, its time to get one ASAP. I'll be happy to answer any questions they have.
    2. Submit your form 1s by efiling.
    3. Submit your form 4s ASAP

Okay, so ATF-41P is heating up again. After being pushed back to December 2015, the ATF just published another date for final action. But instead of pushing it back for another 6mo, they only pushed final action date back 30 days to January 2016.

Joshua Prince, of the Firearms Industry Consulting Group, has spearheaded opposition to ATF-41P. He published a Blog updating the latest on ATF-41P.

So, the first thing you should be aware of is that it is likely that forms that have been submitted are going to be processed under the pre ATF-41P rules.

So get your trust and submit your forms.

The most likely date that will determine whether your form is processed under the current or the ATF-41P rules is the date the aTF receives the forms.

Since Obama is going to do everything he can to destroy the second amendment by executive action, you can bet on him pushing this.

The one bright light in this is that the ATF will need funding to implement ATF-41P. Congress can defund it. One budget amendment has been prosed that will do just that.

Therefore, I am asking everyone of my TexasGunTrust clients, their friends, family and anyone reading this to immediately contact their U.S. Senator and demand that they approve H.R. 2578 – Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016, without amendment.

Please forward this and let your friends know about ATF-41P and ask them to contact their congress critters!

This amendment to the Budget is VERY IMPORTANT TO US. It includes a provision that prohibits the ATF from utilizing any of the appropriated money for implementing a rule requiring a Chief Law Enforcement Officer signature(e.g. ATF-41P).

Restoration of Gun Rights:
    On an interesting side note, it also includes a provision providing for the funding of federal firearms relief, which has not been available since 1992. This lets anyone who is now a prohibited person, but has lead a trouble free life since becoming a prohibited person, attempt to restore their 2nd amendment rights.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2015/11/27/atf-41p-update/

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/2578

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SC-Texas; 11-28-15 at 12:51.
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    Why only the chief LEO part, why not defund the whole thing.

The whole thing is bogus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Agree. But they won't defund the atf.

Added this

FIRE MISSION: ATF-41P is coming - contact Your U.S. Senator and demand that they approve H.R. 2578 – Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016, without amendment

It is extremely important to let the Senators know that you want either the House version passed or the House's amendments, Amendment 320 - https://www.congress.gov/amendment/1...-amendment/320 and Amendment 302 - https://www.congress.gov/amendment/1...-amendment/302, to be included in any approved appropriations bill.

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    A few of questions:

Hasn't all funding necessary to propose and publish the rule already been spent?...and defunding can't be retroactive, can it?

MikeN
    Last edited by MJN1957; 11-28-15 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    ATF published and implemented a rule banning import of saiga and other non sporting shotguns.

Congress defended. We still import those shotguns.

www.TexasGunTrust.com

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    Have y'all contacted your senators?

While this simply adds more hoops to jump through, it requires that basically everyone on your trust be photographed fingerprinted and get a cleo sign-off.

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    Won't matter with the Omnibus funding bill, because it doesn't include the version of the bill you have listed. Another replacement bill that will be wrapped into the omnibus bill doesn't have that provision.

Until and unless Congress gets off its ass and does its job, we will get no meaningful legislation to help us.

As a matter as of fact, all we may get out of the Omnibus Funding bill is ANTI-gun legislation that funds the anti-gun CDC studies that the Dems insist be in the bill or they will shutdown the government.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/12/us...bill.html?_r=0

http://blogs.rollcall.com/news/harol...nment-funding/

Here is the new Omnibus Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies bill:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...bill/2131/text
    Last edited by Chorizo; 12-14-15 at 09:14.
    USMC, 21 years and 21 days. But who was counting?

Feedback Score
    I really cant stand how our gov. Is functioning we have dems and dems camouflaged as republicans how sad this country has gone to shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Attempt to Prevent ATF-41p and to Fund Federal Firearms Relief Through Omnibus Appropriation Bill Failed
    by Joshua Prince, Esq.
    As many of our viewers are aware, we were closely following H.R. 2578, as it contained two pro-Second Amendment provision, namely Amendment 302 and Amendment 320.

Amendment 302 provided “that such funds appropriated for BATF shall be available to investigate or act upon applications for relief from Federal firearms disabilities under United States Code”

Amendment 320 provided ATF was prohibited from “the use of funds to propose or to issue a rule that would change the Chief Law Enforcement Officer certificate requirement with respect to purchase of suppressors and other firearms regulated by the National Firearms Act.”

Unfortunately, these Amendments were stripped from the final bill - HR 2029 - Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016. As a result, you will not find any text related to Amendment 320 and the text in relation to federal firearms relief remains the same as it has since 1992 -

Provided, That none of the funds appropriated herein shall be available to investigate or act upon applications for relief from Federal firearms disabilities under section 925(c) of title 18, United States Code

As the Obama Administration has pledged to work through the Holiday Season on new regulations to limit our Second Amendment rights, including in relation to ATF-41p, we now need to be prepared to bring the FIGHT to ATF, when they implement a final rule regarding 41p.

We put a LOT of blood, sweat and tears into our initial Comment, as well as, our Supplemental Comment. We have over 400 hrs into them that we did pro-bono. Unfortunately, with the magnitude of this type of litigation, we need funding.

While we understand that it is tough this time of year to donate to a cause, anything you can offer would be greatly appreciated. We are attempting to reach our goal in advance of any final rule being promulgated in relation to 41p, so that we can immediately take action, including filing for a preliminary injunction in an attempt to prevent any final rule from being implemented during the litigation.

For more info and to donate see www.FightATF41p.com and our Press Release.

www.TexasGunTrust.com

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your fight in this.
    Since I have 2 in form 3 jail, I will be seeing what I can do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast