View Poll Results: How do you carry your fighting load?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vest/chest rig

10 23.26%
  • battle/war belt

10 23.26%
  • Combo of both

15 34.88%
  • Full plate carrier/other

8 18.60%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chest Rig or Battle Belt? Part 2.

Feedback Score

Chest Rig or Battle Belt? Part 2.

Yeah, I know, people get upset when you bring back a dead thread... bla bla. Just found the old thread, (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...tle-Belt/page8) and seeing as how there was no activity in so long, I was wondering what the preferred method was to carry your "Oh shit" gear when the SHTF. I use a vest. It's my old MOLLE vest I was issued in '09 prior to my retirement, and I shortened it up as much as possible turning it into a chest rig of sorts. I will always have a 1911 strapped to my side anyway, so if things got real bad I just have to throw the vest on, grab the SBR, and go.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 11-29-15 at 16:18.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess there are so many choices because it depends on how much we need to have on us.
    Vest under jacket with 5 pistol mags and pistol for low profile or full GI Joe with rifle and pistol lol

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I run my gear as 1st, 2nd, 3rd line, etc. I run EDC gear off of my belt (1st line). This includes pistol w/holster, reload, knife, and flashlight. In my pockets I'll have a small med kit, zip-tie styled hand restraints, wallet, phone, etc. That's what I always leave home with. That's the basic necessities needed to make it through a gunfight. I try to mirror my EDC setup when running a belt system for more of a "full kit" application. I just add extra mag carriers, dump pouch, multi-tool, and such.

My 2nd line supplies and augments my 1st line. My PC and associated gear is an addition to my 1st line, not a substitution.

Bottom line is mission drives the gear so to properly answer your poll I guess you'll need to define the mission or what you wish to accomplish a little better. (ie: class setup, edc, and so on)
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mission or purpose will dramatically change any answer to the question. I'm a civilian, and don't much like the idea of a firefight up close and personal, so I aim for low profile and discreet equipment wherever I can. A minimal 2" rigid gun belt with 1.5" webbing for standard belt accessories. A couple rifle mags, a few pistol mags, micro FAK, headlamp, multitool and sidearm on the belt with a concealable x-large (11"x14" plates) plate carrier, easily worn under a light jacket.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop556 View Post
    Bottom line is mission drives the gear so to properly answer your poll I guess you'll need to define the mission or what you wish to accomplish a little better. (ie: class setup, edc, and so on)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I was wondering what the preferred method was to carry your "Oh shit" gear when the SHTF.
    The mission is "react to SHTF". Not EDC, not a class. How would you carry a combat load in a SHTF?
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    I have battle belts. I also have chest rigs. I am not a huge fan of either. They are perfectly fine. Just not my personal preference.

I like my regular belt with pistol pistol, knife, and mags,
    with little things like a small light, mini survival/med kit in pockets,
    and platecarriers with the full rest of my load out.

My full load out no longer includes things on my carrier like EMBITER, etc. since retirement, but other wise is unchanged.

These preferences include affectations like an analog, luminous, automatic watch instead of an LED hockey puck that does everything,
    and a real fixed blade knife, Nimravus at least to Kabar or Randall 14 or Gerber BMF sized.

It is just what works for me.
    I make no claims to the superiority of my choices vs. the pros/cons of the others.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run most of my "stuff" on a belt... something I can grab and put on in a hurry. I have some tenspeeds (empty) and a folding knife on my plate carrier, otherwise it is slick. If I need/want to doff the PC, I still have "stuff" on me.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    The mission is "react to SHTF". Not EDC, not a class. How would you carry a combat load in a SHTF?
    I run my EDC gear and in my vehicle I have a PC with rifle ammo, med gear, other accessories (door stops, chem lights, IFF, agency ID placards) etc and a rifle.

My EDC lets me fight my way to the rifle I should have never let myself get too far from to begin with.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop556 View Post
    I run my EDC gear and in my vehicle I have a PC with rifle ammo, med gear, other accessories (door stops, chem lights, IFF, agency ID placards) etc and a rifle.

My EDC lets me fight my way to the rifle I should have never let myself get too far from to begin with.
    Good to go but I think he means SHTF not heading to a riot one night, or heading out for a quick kill / capture savage run.

But something like people no longer have jobs, you have been out of gas for months, etc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As an LEO I prefer a chest rig over a plate carrier and a duty belt with keepers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast