Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR Zero Issue

Feedback Score

RMR Zero Issue

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem, and if so, can you tell me what the issue is and maybe what to do about it.

I am using a Gen 4 Glock 22 with an RMR 06 milled onto the slide with Trijicon suppressor sights.

The issue that I am having is that the zero for my iron sights and the optic a way out of sync with each other. Although I understand that there may be some difference in where the dot would be in relation to the alignment of the iron sights, the way mine is set up it's pretty significant. What is really interesting is that the iron sights are dead on, but if I co-witness the red dot, I'm shooting very high and very right of POI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I don't have one but my research into setting up a pistol this way led to a couple of thoughts. I think the irons and dot will never be an "absolute" co-witness on a pistol like this. You dot is on one plane and the irons on another, but I don't think you can use them at the same time. Unlike an AR with an absolute co-witness mount I don't think there's enough height to make it work that way. I'm sure some others can chime in that setup a gun like that though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With mine I have seen small differences between the two zeros, but have read on Warrior Talk not to worry about it as long as both are accurate.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    My experience is fairly limited but I have two pistols with RMR's on them and both of them have Trijicon suppressor sights.
    1 is an FNX 45 Tactical with am RMR 07 the 2nd is a Glock 19 with an RMR 06.

I mounted the RMR's and zeroed the dot to the sights before heading to the range and both guns were dead on out to 20 yards and co-witness perfectly.

All the RMR equipped handguns I've shot co-witness perfectly with the Trijicon suppressor sights so I don't see any reason yours wouldn't.

My only thought is that if your dot is zeroed and your sights are zeroed but they don't co-witness is that your slide may be improperly milled. I hate to say that and I hope for your sake I am wrong and that there is another explanation.
    Last edited by bighawk; 12-01-15 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've shot literally 1000's of rounds through my S&W CORE. To include a 3 day class with Larry Vickers and Rob Leatham. My red dot is not an absolute match with my irons. Close, but not an absolute. Dont stress if it works it works. Could be you're holding your head slightly different, could be many things. Shoot it and if it's on don't sweat it.

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for the info.

I figured that there would not be an absolute co-witness, but the sheer amount of how far it is off is just really surprising to me after all that I have read. It's just hard for me to understand that if I put the irons on it, and the dot is in the upper right corner of the window, that something must be off.

Bighawk, I had considered that the milling might be the issue, but seeing that it was done by a reputable smith, I figured it must be me.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Understandable, I suppose as long as both work fine I would just roll with it.

Feedback Score
    As far as a co-witness is concerned I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you can place accurate shots with the irons and dot the way they are then I wouldn't be all that concerned.

Feedback Score
    I know that when I sent my slide off for milling, L&M precision zeroed the dot for me. It is close to cowitness, but at the same time the dot is 6.5 MOA, and I have slight astigmatism so it is good for me to make consistent accurate hits.

Feedback Score
    My dot sets right over the top of my front sight when using the irons. That being on two pistols with a Trijicon and DR sight. The dot should not be anywhere than near that position when using irons IMO. The reason being is that is the quickest way to locate the dot, by finding the front sight. If you can find the front sight, the dot should be there as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast