Thread: Question on color matching of furniture and AR10 bolt fit in MIAD

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Question on color matching of furniture and AR10 bolt fit in MIAD

Hello, curious if anyone may know about the color matching on some furniture.

How does the LMT FDE match with Magpul FDE

Then looking at Vltor FDE with Magpul FDE

Finally, Vltor FG with Magpul FG

The other question is, does an AR10 bolt fit into the MIAD bolt core?

I appreciate any info, of course pics are great!

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Hello, curious if anyone may know about the color matching on some furniture.

How does the LMT FDE match with Magpul FDE

Then looking at Vltor FDE with Magpul FDE

Finally, Vltor FG with Magpul FG

The other question is, does an AR10 bolt fit into the MIAD bolt core?

I appreciate any info, of course pics are great!

Mark
    The wife has a Vltor FDE Stock and a Magpul MIAD in FDE. They are a good match.
    Can't speak to the rest.

Feedback Score
    i'll go try to put a bolt in the miad later tonight if i get a chance, but know that you need an adapter to make the MIAD fit an SR25 (and I believe an AR10) because the rear takedown pin's detent/spring doesn't get captured by the stock like an AR15 does. Instead, it gets captured by the grip, just like the selector switch's detent/spring.

problem being, if you look at the top of a MIAD, it's got a great big hole there, so the spring just sort of scoots down into it putting zero tension on the detent.

also, the regular back is ok, but any of the larger pieces have a huge gap.

it's been about a month since I spoke to magpul and they didn't give me any guesses on when the adapter would ship. If anyone has an update, plmk.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The wife has a Vltor FDE Stock and a Magpul MIAD in FDE. They are a good match.
    Can't speak to the rest.

That's good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    i'll go try to put a bolt in the miad later tonight if i get a chance, but know that you need an adapter to make the MIAD fit an SR25 (and I believe an AR10) because the rear takedown pin's detent/spring doesn't get captured by the stock like an AR15 does. Instead, it gets captured by the grip, just like the selector switch's detent/spring.

problem being, if you look at the top of a MIAD, it's got a great big hole there, so the spring just sort of scoots down into it putting zero tension on the detent.

also, the regular back is ok, but any of the larger pieces have a huge gap.

it's been about a month since I spoke to magpul and they didn't give me any guesses on when the adapter would ship. If anyone has an update, plmk.

Learn something everyday! I'll have to check on that, may have to go with another grip if it doesn't look right. I use the medium insert, so that's already an issue.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ran a MIAD on an AR10 - you can fill the gap with silicon if it bothers you - and the same with the detent spring location.

No idea on the bolt -- I run a MIAD on my Hk416's - the FDE VLTOR EMOD matches perfectly. Cannot help on the FG
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com