Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have more info on this teaser? (Colt LE6960 Mid-Length)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I really want to like this rifle, but my OCD bothers me every time I notice the receiver rail not level with the top hand guard rail. Every one I've seen online and in person has been that way.
    None of my three rifles line up. All are BCMs. One Centurion CMR, one MI gen 3 SSM, and one BCM KMR-A. I think they line up initially, but when you tighten the screws it flexes the handguard and causes the receiver rail to lower. Because the KMR-A is tightened at the top, the effect is lessened and it's nearly level, but it's still slightly lower.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I can tell you for a fact that isn't correct. We have been using these rails for at least 6 months, and I have done at least a half dozen build classes with these rails. It happens occasionally and we also saw no issues with zero at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I really want to like this rifle, but my OCD bothers me every time I notice the receiver rail not level with the top hand guard rail. Every one I've seen online and in person has been that way.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I can tell you for a fact that isn't correct. We have been using these rails for at least 6 months, and I have done at least a half dozen build classes with these rails. It happens occasionally and we also saw no issues with zero at all.
    Good to know that it is (as I suspected) merely cosmetic then.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Anybody have more info on this teaser? (Colt LE6960 Mid-Length)

I picked one of these carbines up on a whim a few weeks ago (paid $1179) I haven't been able to shoot it yet but it's been inspected, cleaned, and optic mounted. I'll shoot it as soon the weather breaks and I can maneuver around the 11ft of snow up here.

Overall I like it. All Colt markings on the BCG, good staking on the key and castle nut. I'm not one to worry about finish on a fighting carbine, but admittedly, this copy is a little rough with scuffs from the factory. The biggest observation is the lack of finish detail within the trigger guard. Apparently they didn't think it was necessary to grind and smooth down the forging seem in the trigger guard. Worst I've ever seen. My other two 6920s are nothing like this. Other than that, about the same observations as what others have shared. Looking forward to shooting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 02-05-17 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You cant beat a 6920 for the overall money. Excellent choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    New guy here. Ive had one of these for about a month now. This rifle is the first mid length gassed carbine ive ever had and also my first try at mlok. I really like the gun so far. I have probably about 500 rounds down range now and im very pleased. It now wears troy fixed sights and the h1 i had on the 6920 it replaced. I have found no handling marks or rough spots at all on mine even though it wouldnt bother me if it had some. The shop i bought it at had two in stock. The shop owner took the first one. Overall im very happy with it and it will be my patrol rifle when i get around the 1000 round mark.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Has anyone ran commercial ammo (aka non-5.56 pressure) through their 6960? Is the port big enough to run reliably?

I ask because if it will run well with, I'll probably start recommending this over the 6920 for buddies who are looking to buy the 6920 and then add a free-float rail. Even today I was helping a buddy pick a Colt after explaining the differences between it and cheaper clones.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've got about 2000 rounds through it, a variety of stuff but mostly 5.56. However I've thrown in mags of the following .223 with no problems. Keep in mind it's just one rifle.
    Wolf Gold 55
    AE 55
    Black Hills Reman 55
    Hornday .223 (don't remember the weight)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    Edit. Possibly a closed tine Warcomp on Mike's pic
    Negative. Mike likes the actual SF 212a flash hider.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would def pick up a 14.5 inch upper version. Any idea on the groups these rifles are putting out? If it's typical colt barrel magic it should be pretty good

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast