Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Botach goes full retard with NFA

Feedback Score
    This company has to be stopped. They are basically a "legitimate" version of some huckster on eBay offering $300 Aimpoints. When you get the $25 Chinese BSA red/green dot they have already managed to escape from any possible harm. There has always been talk about Botach turning a new leaf because someone bought $30 worth of goods from them and it showed up on time. Yet we continue to get threads like this one where the company has just taken advantage of people. You just can't trust them to be honest and fair with you. Now they are dodging your calls and ignoring your emails? Even Glock was sooner to respond on my G19's brass to face than Botach will ever be to fixing their problems.

I don't know what it is with those people. They just seem to be low lives or those in charge are low lives but it is probably both.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    An SBR?
    Well then why would you order it from Botach?

Botach isn't a company with "bad shipping" or "poor management."

On the contrary, it is a very well run scam operation.

They are part of a crime family run by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach.

You might have heard of them from their $300M contract to provide corroded, un-serviceable, Chinese embargoed, 7.62x39mm to the ANA... that got awarded to a ninth grade dropout, woman-beating drug dealer.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...alers-20110316

Before the word was really out on them, they actually ripped me off personally, and in my capacity as an S4.

Both times they benefited financially and neither issue was resolved.

OP- they will run out the clock on you. Just be glad they shipped you something.

Feedback Score
    I know some legit folks that got $300(and change) Aimpoint 3x magnifiers from them a couple of years ago and I regret missing that but not enough to order anything else from them.

They have an Amazon store that may protect you to some degree but not for firearms.

I've kind of always wondered if 'optics planet' are the same people...

Feedback Score
    I've kind of wondered that myself but I keep getting Optics Planet and Optics Sale confused with each other. I keep seeing that Optics Planet is recommended while the other is more often called a scam.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolt View Post
    I know some legit folks that got $300(and change) Aimpoint 3x magnifiers from them a couple of years ago and I regret missing that but not enough to order anything else from them.

They have an Amazon store that may protect you to some degree but not for firearms.

I've kind of always wondered if 'optics planet' are the same people...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    I've kind of wondered that myself but I keep getting Optics Planet and Optics Sale confused with each other. I keep seeing that Optics Planet is recommended while the other is more often called a scam.
    Optics planet also owns DVOR...... I refuse to deal with either company. DVOR screwed up multiple orders of mine and refused to make them right.

My money will continue to be spent at: Primary Arms, SKD, DSG, G&R, and other companies that value quick shipping, and good customer service.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Since you bought it online I assume you used a credit/debt card. Dispute the charges and them resolve getting the rifle back.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the CC charge thing has a time limit. Hard to contest a wrong item when it is months after the time limit. I will be calling the CC tomorrow to see if they will go by date of delivery. They mentioned that as an option.

It is so bad that in addition to no phone and email response,
    even the live chat on their site,
    when I enter my order number and issue,
    I get no response and the live chat dissconnects.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Yeah, the CC charge thing has a time limit. Hard to contest a wrong item when it is months after the time limit. I will be calling the CC tomorrow to see if they will go by date of delivery. They mentioned that as an option.

It is so bad that in addition to no phone and email response,
    even the live chat on their site,
    when I enter my order number and issue,
    I get no response and the live chat dissconnects.
    Most cards are 60-180 days. I had a 13 month charge that was returned by my CC ($1,300.00 NFA item). A dealer took my money and thousands of others and then closed shop. It took a letter to the CC dispute center with all my documentation of the charge etc. to finally money back.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Botach and DVOR/Oprics planet are nothing more than ordering kiosks. You tell them what you want from the stuff they claim to have for sale, and then they go find it at a price that turns them a profit... no matter how long it takes to actually deliver to you. Don't believe me? Go look at gun cases on Optics Planet. Their delivery estimate is 3+ weeks. How can it take that long to deliver something unless they don''t actually have any intention of keeping it in stock? Oh BTW, every place else I looked had it in stock, so its not like the factory is behind in filling orers.

It once took Botach 8 months to send me a pair of pants. Not Omar size or anything. 8 MONTHS!!! I forgot I'd ordered them!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DVOR shouldn't even be brought up in a thread about Botach. They're not even remotely comparable.

I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of merchandise over numerous orders from DVOR and was always satisfied. There was only one time that I received a defective item (not DVORs fault) and they took care of it swiftly. Their CS is great.
    There's only two rules with them:

1. Know what a good price is. Not all sales are good deals.

2. Check the shipping date. Most items ship in a day or so but some items are out a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast