Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Botach goes full retard with NFA

Feedback Score
    FWIW I've ordered from Botach roughly 15 times over the past 6 years, including two orders that were over $1200 ea. In every case, the items were shipped promptly and arrived exactly as described at a great price.

Feedback Score
    I would definately dispute the charge... and keep the gun, lol.

You could always take them to small claims.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Botach and DVOR/Oprics planet are nothing more than ordering kiosks. You tell them what you want from the stuff they claim to have for sale, and then they go find it at a price that turns them a profit... no matter how long it takes to actually deliver to you. Don't believe me? Go look at gun cases on Optics Planet. Their delivery estimate is 3+ weeks. How can it take that long to deliver something unless they don''t actually have any intention of keeping it in stock? Oh BTW, every place else I looked had it in stock, so its not like the factory is behind in filling orers.

It once took Botach 8 months to send me a pair of pants. Not Omar size or anything. 8 MONTHS!!! I forgot I'd ordered them!
    Bingo. I will buy small stuff from Botach every once in a while and have done so to date without being burned. I will never again shop at Oprics Planet.

Feedback Score
    So how is it that there are people who get completely ruined by Botach and then there are others who spend similar amounts yet manage to get their items? Are they lying for the company or is Botach just so inconsistent in its services that this can actually happen?

Botach is like those McDojos who try and pull money out of you any way they can. I once had one "kenpo dr. grandmaster" ask me if I was intellectually delayed despite the fact that I spoke better English and had a broader vocabulary. That same guy is named John LaTourette just so no one else falls for his schemes. He is not a doctor and he did not earn an accredited Ph. D in sports psychology. He has a belt mill going that teaches techniques that are not even kenpo and is mostly just yelling at and making kids shut up acting as if it is real martial arts. They preach ridiculous things like "one hit knockout zones", try and discredit any martial art program different than theirs, and try to justify their claims using pictures of the owner posed with Ed Parker, a famous name in kenpo who passed away years ago. Most importantly their techniques don't even work and they just want to beat up people who are trying to look into their school.

There is a thread on Bullshido.net all about these clowns that I wish I'd found before going there for a one hour session, $20 that I don't care if I ever get back. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47659 You can look over it but there isn't much to disprove the guy until around page 2-3 as it's just first making sure some random user isn't trying to slander somebody. It's just like we do for people who haven't contacted manufacturers before complaining online.

Now that my rant against them is finished I'd just like to conclude. These types of organizations create needless complications for honest individuals who are just trying to get services. I am thoroughly displeased with them.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A few weeks ago I placed an order from Botach for 6 magazines. As soon as I hit the submit order button I realized I made a mistake as I wanted to order 12. Since shipping was free and I didn't want to deal with trying to revise the order, I simply placed another one. Two orders for identical items placed within one minute of each other. There was a gap of just one order number between the two. I thought they may combine the orders into one box. Instead they shipped the first order via USPS Priority mail and the second order UPS innovations. How the hell does something like that happen? Morons...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    A few weeks ago I placed an order from Botach for 6 magazines. As soon as I hit the submit order button I realized I made a mistake as I wanted to order 12. Since shipping was free and I didn't want to deal with trying to revise the order, I simply placed another one. Two orders for identical items placed within one minute of each other. There was a gap of just one order number between the two. I thought they may combine the orders into one box. Instead they shipped the first order via USPS Priority mail and the second order UPS innovations. How the hell does something like that happen? Morons...
    The flip side to that, I did basically the same thing when ordering from Midway USA awhile back. Within about a half hour, I received a phone from a nice lady at Midway asking about my two orders. I confirmed her suspicions & she combined my two orders and saved me some shipping costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    I once had one "kenpo dr. grandmaster" ask me if I was intellectually delayed despite the fact that I spoke better English and had a broader vocabulary.
    What does this have to do with Jacob Samuel Botach or NFA?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    I agree, that was a painful read.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    They just seem to be a similar level of scammers.
    Yes, I like pretty ponies.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Ordered two items from Botach within the last 3 years: an Aimpoint Micro T1 and a their barrel extension tool or "Barrel Spline Socket Rod". Didn't have an issue with either of those orders, but after hearing so much negative shit about the company I won't be doing business with them again. Didn't have a problem with Optics Planet neither, but I guess I'll be staying away from those guys from here on out as well.

OP, I would definitely try to dispute the charge. Worse case, you can sell the rifle you've got, perhaps at a loss, but hopefully you can recover from this SNAFU. Yeah, it's pretty fukced up.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast