Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Botach goes full retard with NFA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I will buy small stuff from Botach every once in a while and have done so to date without being burned.
    Has worked for me also but I only order small stuff (mags, etc.) that are at a great price including shipping as long I don't need them ASAP. No way I would
    order anything large from them and I would not even consider ordering a firearm.

I have used their Ebay store also, again small stuff only, and in doing so you are covered by Ebay.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have ordered from Botach a few times, mostly for their copy of the VTAC slings. I have only had an issue once, where I was forced to dispute the charge via paypal. Botach would not return any emails about the status of the order. Once I began the dispute, Botach shipped my ordered products. I really hate dealing with them.

OTOH, I have never had any issues with Optics Planet. There prices and frequent discount codes have made them a good place to shop for optics. If I did have any issues, a simple phone call to them corrected the issue.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwikek View Post
    So how is it that there are people who get completely ruined by Botach and then there are others who spend similar amounts yet manage to get their items? Are they lying for the company or is Botach just so inconsistent in its services that this can actually happen?
    It can actually happen, as it's happened to me.

Order #1 (2005ish) Ordered four pair of 5.11 pants, and for every two pair you got one free. Took them several weeks to get them to me (I was about 75 miles away from them in 29 Palms). Items show up, all the same size as ordered, but three pair were strangely small. I couldn't get anybody on the phone, or email responses for weeks. Finally got someone on the phone and they said they'd send a call tag to exchange them. Never came, and subsequent follow-up calls made were never answered. I called 5.11 directly, explained my problem, and they took care of me right away.

Order #2 (2010ish) I got in on the Aimpoint 3x magnifier deal. No matter how much I effing hated them, I took a chance due to the price. Sub $300 shipped I believe. Order was process and shipped promptly, no issues, happy ending.

Order #3 (2012ish) Post Obama madness, they were the only one's with Glock mags and at a good price. Order was processed, shipped promptly, no issues, happy ending.

They're just inconsistent D-bags, and the bottom line is, you roll the dice with them on every order. It's up to the individual to decide of the low price is worth the risk of having the whole deal go sideways. Personally, I do everything I can not to order from them, but sometimes they're the only choice or have a retarded deal like the 3x magnifier worth biting the bullet for.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Both Botach and Optics Planet are wildly inconsistent. I've been hosed by both, with weirdo lies and cancellations and I've received good products promptly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Both Botach and Optics Planet are wildly inconsistent. I've been hosed by both, with weirdo lies and cancellations and I've received good products promptly.
    While at it, add LAPG to the same group. 2/3 of them are in the LA area. It is a crap shoot with all of them from personal experience.

Feedback Score
    I ordered a Beretta ARX-100 SBR from them at the end of July. Botach is fast. They sent it out the same day. Unfortunately, they shipped it to my house. Since I was paying attention and knew something was wrong, I spent three days trying to get them to reroute the package. They finally called it back from UPS. Turns out that they had shipped the ARX-100 SBR barrel assembly. Then over the course of a month and a half I received multiple promises that the SBR would be shipped to my FFL. It didn't happen. Eventually, I was told that they couldn't find one for the price I paid. Of course my response was to ask why they were showing stuff for sale that they don't have. Clearly they have no business ethics. One thing that I found kind of disturbing was when I called one day the automated response said they were closed for the Jewish holidays. Here's a clue Botach. If you're going to crap on people, don't advertise your religion. People might just correlate the two. I don't because I know good Jewish people, but man that's dumb.

Feedback Score
    Optics planet has been great to me. I've ordered 2 guns bags from them 2 different times and was amazed how fast it came. They're supposedly related to botach? I'm hesitant to order from them now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Well then why would you order it from Botach?

Botach isn't a company with "bad shipping" or "poor management."

On the contrary, it is a very well run scam operation.

They are part of a crime family run by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach.

You might have heard of them from their $300M contract to provide corroded, un-serviceable, Chinese embargoed, 7.62x39mm to the ANA... that got awarded to a ninth grade dropout, woman-beating drug dealer.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...alers-20110316

Before the word was really out on them, they actually ripped me off personally, and in my capacity as an S4.

Both times they benefited financially and neither issue was resolved.

OP- they will run out the clock on you. Just be glad they shipped you something.
    Man you're just as bad as botach! I can't get anyway to read that article, misleading!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Claycow View Post
    Optics planet has been great to me.
    <snip>
    They're supposedly related to botach? I'm hesitant to order from them now.
    Where'd you hear that?? I'm not buying it.

I know Dvor is a sub to Optics Planet and I've ordered from them dozens of times without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I don't know for sure if OpticsPlanet is related to Botach, but they scammed me too. Showed a quad rail in Stock, took a month to ship but since they created a shipping label for it shortly after I ordered it they would not refund me. I ended up doing a CC dispute.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast