Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best SPR suppressor?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Best SPR suppressor?

Im in the process of putting together an AR SPR, it will have an 18" match profile barrel with a rifle length gas system and SLR or Syrac adjustable gas block.
    (of course with the the wife and kids and Christmas and trips and dr visits and...... It will probably be finished by 2040 and be obsolete by then, but I'm trying).

The suppressor I use on this rifle will probably be dedicated to only this rifle. I was thinking of using the SilencerCo Omega when I get it and just use a 5.56 end cap, but don't think that will give me the suppression I want and that can will be used for other rifles. I'm obviously looking for repeatability but suppression and accuracy first. I hope all that makes sense and thank you for any helpmyou guys give me.

Feedback Score
    I'm saving for a Surefire 7.62 mini right now. The small size is wanted for my SBR, but I will be using it on other rifles as well. I feel the smaller, lighter can is also what I would want if it were to go out on the end of a longer barrel.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Accuracy first, look no further than ThunderBeast.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I kind of thought that also, but I'm going with a fairly thick barrel and am really looking for suppression. And I figure if the can is always there the extra weight shouldn't be that much of an issue.

The guys at silencer shop recommended the Griffin SPR for this setup. Anyone have experience with them?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AAC SPR/M4 is the gold standard, but no longer made. Unlikely you will find one.

I would look at the Griffin SPR

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yeah I don't think I'm gonna buy anymore AAC stuff. I'm gonna look into that Griffin.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    MAC tested the Griffin SPR, fast forward to 12:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51cSzfn-WCo#!

Also, have you looked into the Allen Engineering cans?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have been thinking about exact same thing. Does anyone here have any thoughts on the SAS M47. I have read good things about the TOMB mount but different forums seem to have their pet vendors so I don't knowing what I'm reading is all that objective.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why not a Allen Engineering AEM5, virtually the same as the Ops Inc can for the MK12 SPR?

http://www.aesuppressors.com/suppressors/AEM5.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I may be wrong, I'm still researching the subject but the AEM5/Ops Inc cans are older technology. If I were building a clone I would go that route but there are more modern designs that offer better performance. Once again I'm basing this off reviews, decibel readings, accuracy testing I have read online and have no personal objective experience.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast