Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best SPR suppressor?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That being said, the two piece mount is claimed to improve barrel harmonics.

I have one and can say it shoots very well.

I would love to see the design updated, but it is pretty damn good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 12-04-15 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Lol! Who needs newer and better technology like red dots or polymers when we could be rocking the M1Garand. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" is a race to the bottom. If given the choice between old tech and newer baffle designs that eliminate FRP, stronger lighter materials, or less back pressure in to the weapon you can keep "if it ain't broke" and I will take innovation.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Why not a Allen Engineering AEM5, virtually the same as the Ops Inc can for the MK12 SPR?

http://www.aesuppressors.com/suppressors/AEM5.html
    Because I don't want the two mounting or special barrel contour. And it's older technology there are newer options out there.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I think there's a reason there aren't many dedicated SPR suppressors.

I always planned on getting an Ops 12th for my SPR. I never got around to it, and just started using my SF 556 Socom on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Why not a Allen Engineering AEM5, virtually the same as the Ops Inc can for the MK12 SPR?

http://www.aesuppressors.com/suppressors/AEM5.html
    +1

I have two of AEM5's. One is on a MK12 MOD 0 build and another I move around but is currently on a Colt 6920. Very good performance and customer service as well. I personally like them better than my 556-SD or 762-SD. I like that the reflex type mount doesn't increase OAL as much and they sound better to me. The AAC 51T is fine but it just doesn't feel as secure as the Ops type mount, especially on an SPR. Just my $.02

Mike

IMG_20150221_095930_275.jpgIMG_20150308_161231_523~2.jpg
    Last edited by PineRiverOutfitters; 12-04-15 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatorangecat View Post
    Lol! Who needs newer and better technology like red dots or polymers when we could be rocking the M1Garand. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" is a race to the bottom. If given the choice between old tech and newer baffle designs that eliminate FRP, stronger lighter materials, or less back pressure in to the weapon you can keep "if it ain't broke" and I will take innovation.
    Yeah, i typed that first part tung in cheek. Still, they remain very good in my opinion. I am still happy with mine.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have a Griffin SPR on the way. My form 4 was sent in and check cashed around the end of June, so it should be any time now.

I was looking for a design with a lot of overlap as to not extend the rifle too much. That left the AE and the SPR.

Feedback Score
    I do not have a precision 556, but I do have a Wilson Combat 308 Super Sniper. The Dead Air Sandman L knocked about .2MOA off already tight groups. Not sure if it would tighten subcaliber groups just as much, but I am blown away by its performance on 308s.

aka, "TWANGnBANG"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Yeah, i typed that first part tung in cheek. Still, they remain very good in my opinion. I am still happy with mine.

I thought you were being serious. The Ops/AE can is proven and mounting over the barrel makes a nice compact package. I dont think its a bad can, just not the latest tech.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Everything can be improved and if no one tries, we'd still be using bow and arrows.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast