Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC's VP9 test.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    The fact still remains that the Glock fanboys are just as obnoxious as HK fanboys... It's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Not too long ago you guys were defending the Gen4 when they were legitimately failing and there was severe butthurt. I find it funny that the info on the new Gen5(or 4.5... don't know what they're calling it) failing for a local PD has gone dark after said PD sent all of them back.

You're right though this is VP9 thread so it's to be expected and there's been a lot of interesting and good info for both sides of the argument. Will this change my opinion of the VP9? Nope not at all, my carry gun is a P7M8 and my "training" pistol is a USP9. My particular collection has CZ, Colt, West German Sigs, and Rugers scattered amongst a lot of HK.

I can't stand the Yankee Marshall but he was upfront and said he didn't like the VP9 upfront. I can respect that and he pointed out some legitimate gripes. MAC said it was awesome and great but then trashed it... "it's a range gun". Yet certain pistols(and rifles especially Sig) he tested never got that type of criticism. If you can't see that, then you're blind to the fact he is indeed a shill. That has been the main basis of the HK crowd from day one so take that with a grain of salt. I can't fault him because he's making his money which is great for him but reading some of the responses are laughable.
    Unlike those obnoxious fanboys, AR vs AK, Mossberg vs Remington, Glock vs 1911, I own both. The competing platforms I mentioned have their pros and cons but are overall excellent. In the case of Glock, I was just as critical of the early Gen 4 models, and my primary early Gen 3 G19 with nearly 10K rounds through it is now starting to develop brass to head extraction on me even with the Apex Extractor I installed last year. Im about to get a Gen 4 ejector for it as that helped my secondary late Gen 3 G19 which is my current CCW. Haven't heard much of the Gen 5 or that PD test but if Gen 5 gets released ****ed up as well I won't buy any either.

The HK handguns I've fired were real nice. (USP, 45, P30) I just don't care for LEM triggers, proprietary rails on the older USPs, and the price of the guns itself and especially mags. As for the VP-9, for me there is nothing about it that makes me want to replace my G19s for it. I actually found the VP-9 trigger to suck, very gritty and long almost LEM reset. Glock stock triggers aren't perfect either but I found them to be the best out of other striker fired handguns I've shot.

The way I see it MAC's VP-9 was awesome for him until he tested it out in the environment. And didn't his SIG Legion pistol performed just as bad as well? And his SIG 556Xi R performed like crap and that was inside his nice shooting booth. SIG's QC hasn't been known to be great and I do remember MAC being critical of those 2 SIGs. I don't buy and sell guns based on what he says anyway because yes, he's one guy from youtube. Even he himself said to not take his tests as gospel. So people who sold off their VP-9s because of MAC's test, well thats their problem.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Agree. He should do other HKs and see what happens.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
    In pristine environments this gun is great; So if a VP9 get's a little water splashed on they won't work. Is that what you are saying?
    No that is not what I am saying. You know what I am saying and are purposely being dense.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    No that is not what I am saying. You know what I am saying and are purposely being dense.
    internet is absolutely infested with people like that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I guess it's a good thing that I choose my carry guns on realistic carry scenarios; e.g. I might consider, what if I have to drive, walk, sit, stand, bend down, or do light work, all while fully-clothed? I guess my VP9 is good to go.

Now on the day when I wake up and say to myself: What if today I get trapped away from shelter or vehicle in hurricane conditions, and in order to make it back to my safe space, I have low crawl through a sandy creek, and then climb a rocky cliff, and then evade communist troops by covering myself entirely in mud, First Blood Part II style? I guess I'll have to carry my G19. With my VP9, I'd surely be screwed.

Thanks MAC. Thanks interwebz.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I had SWAT training yesterday, during a drill where there was shooting/pulling a drag dummy I went to reholster my Glock 21 SF, I thought I had it holstered but it fell onto dry dirt, it was on the deck for 2 seconds, and holstered properly.
    10 seconds later when I pulled to shoot after the first shot I had a ftrtb, slapped rear of slide, fired, a second ftrtb, slapped the rear of slide again fired, and finished the drill.

After the drill, looked at the slide plate area and this was a small amount of dirt visible, blew it out and gun ran fine.
    To me moral of the story is even with a small amount of debris it can effect any handgun.

Feedback Score
    Funny how the XD passes these tests the VP9 fails at all yet the XD is cosidered a pos here

Just sayin
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 12-18-16 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    I had SWAT training yesterday, during a drill where there was shooting/pulling a drag dummy I went to reholster my Glock 21 SF, I thought I had it holstered but it fell onto dry dirt, it was on the deck for 2 seconds, and holstered properly.
    10 seconds later when I pulled to shoot after the first shot I had a ftrtb, slapped rear of slide, fired, a second ftrtb, slapped the rear of slide again fired, and finished the drill.

After the drill, looked at the slide plate area and this was a small amount of dirt visible, blew it out and gun ran fine.
    To me moral of the story is even with a small amount of debris it can effect any handgun.
    Was your training conducted with any other agencies or done outside the AO listed in your profile?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Funny how the XD passes these tests the VP9 fails at all yet the XD is cosidered a pos here

Just sayin
    The XD hasn't been tested by MAC.

I can attest that just about every XD that I have shot choked on air. I've never seen one get through more than a handfull of magazines without a malfunction.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post

Just sayin

"Five round function test"

Interesting test. You fire six rounds and miss the first one at close range. Then on the first dirt test you five 5 rounds and miss two. Jeeze,,, then on the water test he only makes one hit out of five!! Is that gun that difficult to hold on to?
    Last edited by tb-av; 12-18-16 at 14:32.

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast