Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC's VP9 test.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I'm excited for your test on youtube using this control.
    Wait till the one comes out on how it holds up to pubic hair and butt crack dander carrying it bareback

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawusmc0844 View Post
    Well this thread is about the HK VP9 not Glock. Butthurt fanboys of any specific gun are obnoxious. I made a comment about specifically HK fanboys since we're talking about the VP-9 here. The butthurt ones so angry at MAC over his original torture "test" on his first VP9 last year. Reading their comments they are pissed a man that spent his own money and owns the gun in question has the audacity to test it and it doesn't live up to expectations. I'd be pissed too if I bought a VP9 and it can't handle a little water or mud. They also continue the tired "German engineering" angle, as if because something is made in a specific country, it must be either good to go or junk.

My Glocks are nowhere near perfection but I still carry them because they go bang every time, and I don't feel like switching to a new platform.
    The fact still remains that the Glock fanboys are just as obnoxious as HK fanboys... It's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Not too long ago you guys were defending the Gen4 when they were legitimately failing and there was severe butthurt. I find it funny that the info on the new Gen5(or 4.5... don't know what they're calling it) failing for a local PD has gone dark after said PD sent all of them back.

You're right though this is VP9 thread so it's to be expected and there's been a lot of interesting and good info for both sides of the argument. Will this change my opinion of the VP9? Nope not at all, my carry gun is a P7M8 and my "training" pistol is a USP9. My particular collection has CZ, Colt, West German Sigs, and Rugers scattered amongst a lot of HK.

I can't stand the Yankee Marshall but he was upfront and said he didn't like the VP9 upfront. I can respect that and he pointed out some legitimate gripes. MAC said it was awesome and great but then trashed it... "it's a range gun". Yet certain pistols(and rifles especially Sig) he tested never got that type of criticism. If you can't see that, then you're blind to the fact he is indeed a shill. That has been the main basis of the HK crowd from day one so take that with a grain of salt. I can't fault him because he's making his money which is great for him but reading some of the responses are laughable.

Feedback Score
    My response on one of the other forums,

I'm sorry but that's a bunch of crap in my opinion. I've owned 50 or 60 guns in the last 40 years and not a single one of my purchases was influenced by some goofball with a youtube account and a video camera.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Haven't read the entire thread, but I work at an indoor range and our rental VP9 just broke today -- Trigger will not reset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post

In pristine environments this gun is great, and for 99% of people those are the conditions it is going to be in (AKA range/CCW). It is also extremely shootable and has great ergos. But anyone who carries in environment where there is sand/mud/gunky shit these tests should at least give you pause.

In pristine environments this gun is great; So if a VP9 get's a little water splashed on they won't work. Is that what you are saying?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

MAC's VP9 test.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
    In pristine environments this gun is great; So if a VP9 get's a little water splashed on they won't work. Is that what you are saying?
    The VP9 will shoot under water with the correct seal... no different than a Glock with or without the water cup upgrades.

There's a clip of a VP9 shooting while submerged in a water tank at :51 seconds in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZL8H_UGQqE&sns=em
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 12-09-16 at 03:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey4 View Post
    Haven't read the entire thread, but I work at an indoor range and our rental VP9 just broke today -- Trigger will not reset.
    Did this happen after it was put back together? It seems if the TRS spring is put back incorrectly or is broken. This happens.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    The fact still remains that the Glock fanboys are just as obnoxious as HK fanboys... It's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Not too long ago you guys were defending the Gen4 when they were legitimately failing and there was severe butthurt. I find it funny that the info on the new Gen5(or 4.5... don't know what they're calling it) failing for a local PD has gone dark after said PD sent all of them back.

You're right though this is VP9 thread so it's to be expected and there's been a lot of interesting and good info for both sides of the argument. Will this change my opinion of the VP9? Nope not at all, my carry gun is a P7M8 and my "training" pistol is a USP9. My particular collection has CZ, Colt, West German Sigs, and Rugers scattered amongst a lot of HK.

I can't stand the Yankee Marshall but he was upfront and said he didn't like the VP9 upfront. I can respect that and he pointed out some legitimate gripes. MAC said it was awesome and great but then trashed it... "it's a range gun". Yet certain pistols(and rifles especially Sig) he tested never got that type of criticism. If you can't see that, then you're blind to the fact he is indeed a shill. That has been the main basis of the HK crowd from day one so take that with a grain of salt. I can't fault him because he's making his money which is great for him but reading some of the responses are laughable.
    Try being a big fan of Glock AND HK on the internet battlefield. I have to fight both groups on other sites
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Try being a big fan of Glock AND HK on the internet battlefield. I have to fight both groups on other sites
    The funny thing is I find Glocks to be a great pistol, I don't own any but would like to have a 17 or 19 in my collection. They're the "tuner" pistol of the firearms world so they're extremely popular and other than the awful trigger(which can be remedied by a multi million dollar aftermarket industry), I believe it's a solid choice. With that said, I prefer my HK's for multiple reason that apply to me and me alone.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    The funny thing is I find Glocks to be a great pistol, I don't own any but would like to have a 17 or 19 in my collection. They're the "tuner" pistol of the firearms world so they're extremely popular and other than the awful trigger(which can be remedied by a multi million dollar aftermarket industry), I believe it's a solid choice. With that said, I prefer my HK's for multiple reason that apply to me and me alone.
    I have always liked the Glock trigger, and it's still the trigger I have fired the most. I love the reset as well. I thought it was amazing. until I shot the VP9 and the PPQ and felt what striker-fired triggers really could be. I keep my carry G19 trigger stock though, because I can predict everything about it. I'm working more and more to get comfortable on that level with my P30L trigger as well, but let's be he honest it's not a very good trigger. I view Glocks as a great option for new shooters who only need one handgun, and I recommend them all the time. They don't do anything the best, but they do several things as well. I also think the G19 is a perfect sized handgun in relation to carry with maximum capacity. Of course, YMMV.

With MAC's issues he's encountered with the VP9, I am still curious as to why he hasn't put other HK handguns through this course yet? I would like to see the P30 series and even the USP run this course down. Sig had two different runs so far, why not HK. Until I personally have an issue with a firearm I like, I will keep shooting and enjoying them.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 12-09-16 at 13:29.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast