Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me critique this build

Feedback Score
    I have a 10.5 LMT on my SBR and it is pretty friggin accurate for a non-floated barrel with a fixed FSB. I can only imagine that it would shoot right at or even under an inch if it was floated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    Chopping a FSB is easier than cutting/rethreading. I would get an LMT 10.5", and chop the FSB, slide the KMR9 on and call it a day.
    Pretty much what I have. The LMT 10.5 is no drama, boringly reliable and accurate.
    The OP has a concept to optimize performance. A slight adjustment in specs will likely produce as reliable and less costly solution.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The diameter of a pencil barrel is too small to be re-threaded for a muzzle device, after being cut down.

The 11.5 does have enough of a velocity advantage over the 10.5 to be worth the extra inch of length.

I've been shooting my 10.5 inch shorty with the MagPul Slimline handguard. After shooting mine, I'm convinced the short barrel is stiff enough that a free float tube won't improve accuracy much

I'm planning to get a direct mount suppressor for it
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks all! I decided to get a Colt 6933 upper for a reliable (and inexpensive) factory setup. Maybe I'll build a 10.3" later on, but for now the 6933 will do.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire1201 View Post
    Thanks all! I decided to get a Colt 6933 upper for a reliable (and inexpensive) factory setup. Maybe I'll build a 10.3" later on, but for now the 6933 will do.
    That is a great choice
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I had some stuff laying around and decided to build a 10.5 pistol using mainly AP parts.

I did take IG advice and ordered a Sionics BCG. I am in no hurry.

about $750, 26.25" long. No optics yet. going to play with it with irons first.

Blemished upper, 10.5 AP barrel, few BCM parts to include H2 buffer and pistol tube. I have an H3 just in case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12