Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Silencerco Trifecta MAAD Mount - Personal Experiences

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I've been a strong proponent of ASR after having so many issues with the Trifecta MAAD on my saker 762. The ASR mount on my saker has worked very well.

Unfortunately I haven't had quite the same experience with my specwar 556k. The can has been back to silencerco twice because the locking ring is so loose that it spins while firing, until it's unlocked (takes about 5 shots), and then the can itself starts to unthread. I can tweak the ASR spring so it's incredibly difficult to lock, but after a couple shots the teeth settle into the knurling and the tension is relieved. Most recently I had a bullet brush the end cap, leaving a streak of copper, and only realize the can had loosened on the mount because the bullet impact was off to the side.

My saker also does the same thing as thei3ug describes, where during removal the locking ring only spins about 2/3 to the unlocked position before the can starts to unthread. Not always, but sometimes.

Anyway, I now have a dead air key-mo on my saker and a couple flash hiders, and will be giving those a try to see well they work once they get some serious use.
    I haven't even gotten my Omega out of jail yet but I picked up a key-mo and a few flash hiders. This makes me feel better about my decision.

Feedback Score
    I was at the range this weekend and there was a guy shooting an Omega with an ASR mount. During a ceasefire I noticed he picked it up off the ground about 25 yards down range. He said that he had shot several rounds and then it went flying. It was a .30 cal can on a 5.56 SBR. I can't recall the barrel length, seemed pretty short(7.5-10"). It's the only instance of an ASR mount "failing" that I had heard of. The mount looked ok and there was no baffle damage that we could spot but it had been scratched in several places. He was able to put it back on and continue shooting. I lost interest after he had shot 5-10 rounds post-launch.
    My only thought is that he didn't have the locking ring fully engaged. It surprised me that the coarse threads on the mount wouldn't keep it from flying off but it must have loosened and spun off due to the high pressure.

Has anyone heard of an ASR mounted silencer flying off like this?

I have a 2 Saker's that I usually run ASR mounts and have never had any problems. I had a Specwar before picking up my first Saker so it was a no-brainer to go ASR. Seems like a good mount but I guess anything can fail, especially if there's a chance to install incorrectly.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerguard View Post
    I was at the range this weekend and there was a guy shooting an Omega with an ASR mount. During a ceasefire I noticed he picked it up off the ground about 25 yards down range. He said that he had shot several rounds and then it went flying. It was a .30 cal can on a 5.56 SBR. I can't recall the barrel length, seemed pretty short(7.5-10"). It's the only instance of an ASR mount "failing" that I had heard of. The mount looked ok and there was no baffle damage that we could spot but it had been scratched in several places. He was able to put it back on and continue shooting. I lost interest after he had shot 5-10 rounds post-launch.
    My only thought is that he didn't have the locking ring fully engaged. It surprised me that the coarse threads on the mount wouldn't keep it from flying off but it must have loosened and spun off due to the high pressure.

I have a 2 Saker's that I usually run ASR mounts and have never had any problems. I had a Specwar before picking up my first Saker so it was a no-brainer to go ASR. Seems like a good mount but I guess anything can fail, especially if there's a chance to install incorrectly.
    Reports are all over the internet.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I keep reading about this happening, but the ASR mount on my Saker 762 (w/ 556 end cap) and on my Specwar 556 have been rock solid over sessions with many hundreds of rounds down-range.

Cans are always just as tight when I'm done. Always.

I haven't seen one of these occurrences in person yet. As terrible as it is, I kinda want to examine an instance in person.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I keep reading about this happening, but the ASR mount on my Saker 762 (w/ 556 end cap) and on my Specwar 556 have been rock solid over sessions with many hundreds of rounds down-range.

Cans are always just as tight when I'm done. Always.

I haven't seen one of these occurrences in person yet. As terrible as it is, I kinda want to examine an instance in person.

I know it sounds bad but I was pretty excited to see this guy launch his can...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I know it sounds bad but I was pretty excited to see this guy launch his can...
    For science, of course.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I haven't had any issues with the MAAD mount since SiCo sent a replacement. I'm glad because I really like how it works. I'm always sure to double check to ensure that mount is properly seated before locking it down, and as long as the peddles engage it ain't going anywhere, hence no flying cans. No issues with my can getting stuck from carbon lock. No plans to replace the MAAD at this point.
    Update: Negative SITREP. Still no issues with the MAAD mount. Charlie Mike.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I know this is older but wanted to share my experience as I got my hands on the first batch of Saker 556 when they first came out. When the can was out of jail. I had the suppressor launch from the front of the rifle off of my back porch about 20 feet up and about 30 or so yards Down a large drop in the back of my house down the hill. Now to the credit of Silencerco robust manufacturing the silencer wasnt damaged, just a small rub mark on the finish that came right off of the can. We inspected the can and found no baffle strikes and asnever had this happened before wit hany other quick releas emount and working with a new type of mount we accredited to user error. Not fully engaging the locking collar or similar. But as it happened again for a second time we knew there was an issue. To silcencercos credit. They right away on the phone sent me a new locking mount without having to send i nthe old one or any of the other inconvienent things usually required to prove what happened and why. The new one came in about a week later. After many practice mounts we fired it and still to this day have not had an issue with the replacement mount after 1000s of rounds fired through the can through different platforms. I dont know why how or the fix. But it works now just plain and simple. I foun this thread searching for prices on getting a collar to mount on my Battlecomps 51t so I can use the saker instead of my sdn6 to keep my 11.5 a little shorter. To my relief the prices have dropped on the MAAD locking collar to around $150 my only main issue and complaint with Silencerco is costs of accessories. Also battlecomp. But I guess for some the market does bear when you have a product that works and no one else is making anything close to it. Would like a Battlecomp 51t for my new grendel build just cant justify the $200 premium for it on my keep costs down hunting build to try out the platform. If only it would hover nearer to $100 I would snatch one up in an instance. Can’t believe that a less that $30 part to manufacture commands such premiums.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I ran a Trifecta mount on two rifles for a while for my Saker 556. I never launched my can off the guns, but I routinely had to smack it a few times with a rubber mallet to get it off the gun. When I found out SiCo would swap out Trifecta mounts for ASR mounts I got in on it. I put muzzle breaks on the same two rifles. One locked up Ok, but the other would allow me to remove the can without loosening the collar. Also one of the rental rifles where I work has an ASR mount and the teeth were completely stripped away long ago by one individual. I have zero faith in the ASR system. I ended up changing mine to the Dead Air Keymount system and have been very satisfied with this setup. This IMO is how the Saker should have come from the beginning.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    If anyone is interested I've got a Noveske marked Saker Trifecta mount I don't need.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast