Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Silencerco Trifecta MAAD Mount - Personal Experiences

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    Yup that sucks. But you've made a good point that I think got missed for part of the thread. The way SiCo handled the situation after the fact is what has covinced me I need a specwar 556k; just in case something goes awry I know its covered. A few weeks ago I was able to meet my shop's SiCo rep and he was helpful in every way possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Yep. Ordering a Specwar 556 in the next few weeks because of it.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Double tapped
    Last edited by Blak1508; 09-02-16 at 11:11.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak1508 View Post
    Buford, I experienced the same thing with my Saker Trifecta Mount today. My first hiccup was when I was just checking after a few rounds to make sure the can was secure to the mount and I am glad I did because it was loose. I stopped and checked it thoroughly, tightened it and went back at it for another ten. Finally I went to take the Saker off to put it on another rifle and when doing so the teeth failed to disengage but the can spun. I was able to get it off finally. I think this thread jinxed me because I have been running the Trifecta for about 6 months without an issue, I have been following this thread off and on keeping my fingers crossed that it would not happen to me but oh well, Murphy's Law. I will shoot them an email to see what can be done. I have 3 Flash hiders or breaks for the Trifecta Mount and my Trifecta Mount is not new its 6-8 months old, so I am not sure how this will turn out. I did not write this earlier but I had a similar issue when I first got the Can, they wanted the whole Can so I sent it in. I do not think they switched out the Trifecta mount back then but not sure and was never informed of what was really done. I was informed that it was GTG and I continued without any major issues. From time to time its a bear to get off, but I thought that was the norm according to many other experiences and I am positive that it was not end user. To add I always made sure to clean and remove any build up on contact points. I am anal about that kind of crap

We shall see I have confidence in them that they will make this right, they are a great company and super nice. Sucks but I def do not trust the Trifecta based on this experience.
    Call SiCo customer service tomorrow and ask for Steve. He'll get you squared away.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I am liking the ASR better already. The mount is shorter than the Saker mount (noticeably so). Lockup is positive. Very minimal POI shift.... inside an inch at 50 yards.

Last edited by BufordTJustice; 05-15-16 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My Trifecta MAAD mount sized up on my Trifecta brake. The can spins/ratchets. But the levers don't seem to retract.

I'm gonna take the gun out and get it hot and see if I can get it to come off with or without the muzzle device.

Maybe a heat gun would work?

Feedback Score
    I could not get my Trifecta MAAD mount to disengage from the brake either. It actually unscrewed from the can body so I just removed the brake, still attached to the MAAD and added my other trifecta adapters and sent it all back to SilencerCO, who replaced them with an ASR MAAD and ASR Brakes. Great customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    My Trifecta MAAD mount sized up on my Trifecta brake. The can spins/ratchets. But the levers don't seem to retract.

I'm gonna take the gun out and get it hot and see if I can get it to come off with or without the muzzle device.

Maybe a heat gun would work?
    Take one of the Saker tools, latch it onto the mount (not the can), and turn counterclockwise to break it free. Might take some muscle to break loose some carbon lock.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't hear it up. That metal is going to expand and get that much tighter.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    At this point I figure it's worth noting that I gave up on SiCo mounts all together and went with the Dead Air Kymo adapter. The ASR worked well at keeping the can on but I noticed that whenever I turned the locking collar after shooting that the can had loosened to the point of unthreading as I turned the collar. I still love the suppressor body itself and am considering a Saker K but will be replacing the included ASR MAAD with a Kymo.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Called silencerco today. All my Trifecta stuff is getting swapped for ASR.

Update:
    SilencerCo received my Trifecta brake, Trifecta flash hider, and my Trifecta MAAD mount on Monday 1/23/17. And on Friday 1/27/17 my new MAAD ASR mount, ASR brake, and ASR flash hider were at my door. They even threw in a shim kit.

Just finished timing and rock setting my brake as well as mounting the ASR mount on the Saker can. Pretty cool setup.

SilencerCo keeps another customer happy!
    Last edited by Grip; 01-27-17 at 14:35.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast