Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Silencerco Trifecta MAAD Mount - Personal Experiences

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    I don't have a crush washer on mine because it doesn't need to be timed or indexed. Gem-Tech continually reminds people not to use them and use the shim kits that come with it and constantly remind people that the crush washer is the worst thing to ever happen to suppressors.
    SilencerCo strongly recommends against a crush washer as well. My new one is mounted per their recommendation as it should have been the first time.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    Damnit. I just purchased a saker with the maad mount and trifecta brake.

Wondering if i should take my chances, or see if i can swap the mount.
    Same here.

Good info posted here.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I originally got mine with the AAC mount and had it swapped out for the trifecta at no charge by silencer shop. In hind sight wish I would have gotten the ASR though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm not giving up on the Trifecta mount just yet. I don't have my can in hand but I did order a mount for my Form 1 build and will also be using it on the Omega I have locked up. A co-worker of mine is an early adopter of the Saker and has zero issues with his. That is what sold me on the mounting platform. I'll let first hand experience dictate on which way to go before I jump ship. I already possess and own a few ASR muzzle devices so I can easily go that route later down the line.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So, in my mind here is what has possibly occurred on these failures;

It seems that the MAAD mount failed to seat deep enough onto the conical surface of the trifecta muzzle device, preventing one or more of the compression tabs from locking behind the square-ish locking collar. Either due to accumulated fouling on the muzzle device, the interior of the suppressor's MAAD mechanism, or both.

OR, that the MAAD mount did initially seat and lock properly, but failed during firing and one or more of the compression locking tabs backed off from full tight, allowing the rotation of either the mount or the suppressor body.

Am I on the right track here?
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Leonidas24, what did SilencerCo have to say about your experience?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    So, in my mind here is what has possibly occurred on these failures;

It seems that the MAAD mount failed to seat deep enough onto the conical surface of the trifecta muzzle device, preventing one or more of the compression tabs from locking behind the square-ish locking collar. Either due to accumulated fouling on the muzzle device, the interior of the suppressor's MAAD mechanism, or both.

OR, that the MAAD mount did initially seat and lock properly, but failed during firing and one or more of the compression locking tabs backed off from full tight, allowing the rotation of either the mount or the suppressor body.

Am I on the right track here?
    I would also add that some of the issues that are occurring could be the result of the owner using a crush washer.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an LMT 10.3" SBR with a Saker 556 and MAAD mount. I've not experienced any problems with it. It mounts up very tight and stays there.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I would also add that some of the issues that are occurring could be the result of the owner using a crush washer.
    I wasn't using a crush washer. The MAADs I've seen fail have only been with brakes using shims, or flash hiders tightened directly to the barrel without any timing devices.

Buford: I'm with you and in my case it's possible it was due to fouling, but I can't attribute fouling to the other three cases due to low round counts and almost no fouling.

TXBK: Nothing substantial. I'm getting a replacement ASR MAAD mount and muzzle devices. Our SiCo rep was in Wichita last weekend doing demos for our seasonal suppressor sale but I wasn't able to speak with him directly about the incident. I was told he was informed but I'm not privy to anything he said. What was relayed to me from the store manager was that the Specwar and Omega series would be more abundant in the future.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    I wasn't using a crush washer. The MAADs I've seen fail have only been with brakes using shims, or flash hiders tightened directly to the barrel without any timing devices.

Buford: I'm with you and in my case it's possible it was due to fouling, but I can't attribute fouling to the other three cases due to low round counts and almost no fouling.

TXBK: Nothing substantial. I'm getting a replacement ASR MAAD mount and muzzle devices. Our SiCo rep was in Wichita last weekend doing demos for our seasonal suppressor sale but I wasn't able to speak with him directly about the incident. I was told he was informed but I'm not privy to anything he said. What was relayed to me from the store manager was that the Specwar and Omega series would be more abundant in the future.
    Roger and thank you for the reply. Do you think that a trifecta flash hider with shim is the solution to this for as yet unknown reasons?
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast