Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazines

Feedback Score

Magazines

What's everyone using for magazines? I've been running the Kimber pro tac mags and have had good luck with all but one. I see a lot of talk about Wilson's and McCormick mags, is it brand name hype or is their a big difference?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a Stainless Custom II, I havn't had any problems with pro tac or the original mag, I bought into the Wilson hype & have 2, 47D's & 1 EMT...no problems with any of them. I do like the way the Wilsons feel when loading them, maybe hype, maybe not, I'll buy Wilson's from now on, but if they work, why worry! happy shooting

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not hype. Wilson and McCormick fundamentally changed 1911 mags from GI to what they are today. They're one of the reasons your Kimber mags work as well as they do. But if your Kimbers work, then might not need to experiment.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    Not hype. Wilson and McCormick fundamentally changed 1911 mags from GI to what they are today. They're one of the reasons your Kimber mags work as well as they do. But if your Kimbers work, then might not need to experiment.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Jimmy
    +1! I've used Chip Powermags in all my 1911's which are mainly Colts. I have 2 Wilson's that I used in an old Springfield and they feed a once troublesome set up very nicely.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Never had a problem with CM power mags. The price is good too.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Wilson Combat ETM 8 round mags, 500B I think is their designation. Never any issues

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been running Chip's 8rd. Powermags for a long time. They are robust, and have worked very, very well in my SA. As a side note Chip's 10rd Powemags didn't work in my particular gun. Intermittent nose dives, even after new springs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I've been running Chip's 8rd. Powermags for a long time. They are robust, and have worked very, very well in my SA. As a side note Chip's 10rd Powemags didn't work in my particular gun. Intermittent nose dives, even after new springs.
    Which 1911 was it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Which 1911 was it?
    It's a Loaded model from a ways back, it didn't come with an ambi. Most everything along the way (25k rds.) has been replaced. I shot the barrel out at 9k. I c/o the sights, safety (I'm left handed), the guide rod, grips, extractor, firing pin, FCG and some other small things. The McCormick's have been a constant though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an older Kimber (pre-"II") that came with two Kimber mags. Neither works well.

I bought a few (5?) Wilson Combat 8rd mags and they have been absolutely flawless. Zero failures in the last ten years, although I admit I don't shoot the 1911 much and have a little less than 2k rounds through it in that time.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-Mag...roductinfo/47D

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast