Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Magazines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurholder View Post
    I thought my wife was going to give me a hard time over spending some coin on ETM's - until I showed her one of the Colt magazines that came with my new Gold Cup. The follower would only compress about 1/3 of the way down the mag body, with a horrible screeching noise to go with it.

And Brownells had them on sale, too.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just purchased 4 ETMs at a price hard to beat anywhere I've been looking.

Regards

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatt511 View Post
    I carry the Tripp Research magazines in all my 1911s. Used them on duty and have yet to have a magazine related failure. Tried the Wilson 47s but found after a high round count, the engagement surface for the slide stop became deformed and would not reliably activate the last round hold open function. That being said, Tripps are pricey, but are inline with the top of the line out there. But use what works for you and your gun.
    My experience too, I have yet to wear out my Wilson ETM's but the plastic/nylon follower worries me for carry. The Tripp's work just as smoothly, are a fraction longer than the ETM's and have a steel follower.
    I'm pretty sure Wilson considers the spring and the follower to be wear items so the follower may not be covered under warranty.

Feedback Score
    I've been running the Sig 1911 mags in every 1911 I've owned from my RIAs up to and including my Kimber. Never had any issues and they are cheap.

Feedback Score
    What do
    You think about metalform mags?

Inviato dal mio MYA-L11 utilizzando Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fede_Fede View Post
    What do
    You think about metalform mags?

Inviato dal mio MYA-L11 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Metalform makes a serviceable 9 round mag for my .38 super auto. I prefer 10 round so I go with Tripp or Wilson

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910