Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazines

Feedback Score
    Wilson 47Ds are the only other 1911 mags I own besides the OEM Colt mags.

I have owned several of my Wilson 47D's for almost 10 years and again...no real problems.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I've been running Chip's 8rd. Powermags for a long time. They are robust, and have worked very, very well in my SA. As a side note Chip's 10rd Powemags didn't work in my particular gun. Intermittent nose dives, even after new springs.
    This was my experience with the 10 round mags. My gun is a Nighthawk 10-8 Performance Edition. No problems at all with the ACT/NHC branded mags, Wilson ETM or the Wilson 10 round mags.
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Chip McCormick work great in my Gen1 Kimber.

Feedback Score
    CMC 8rd Powermags are my go to. Zero mag related malfunctions in my SA Champion. Tried a 47D (sample of one I know) and it wouldn't lock on empty, worked fine in other 1911s.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've had no mag related problems with 8 different KimPro's in a Custom II. I like how they come with an additional floor plate and 2 different height bumper pads.

I realized I had forgot my extra mags on the way to a local match once. No biggie, I'll stop on the way and buy a few more. Only thing available was a $30 ProMag. Same price as a quality magazine! I reluctantly bought one just incase.

Of course, I ended up needing it on a stage. That piece of junk over-inserted and I tore the floorplate off while trying to strip the magazine on the clock. Spring, follower and ammo on ground. Mag body still in gun. Floorplate in my hand.

Of 4 CMC 10 rounders, one gave me a nose dive once. Same mag has worked fine since.

I haven't had a desire to try any other brands as what I have works.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I think the absolute best 1911 mag is a CMC Powermag with a Tripp Super 7 kit in it.

For 8 rounders I had good luck with the ETM +p flatwire mags but they're pricey. Never spent much time with the Tripps.

For the cheapest, most reliable mag I found: A Check-Mate 7 round, welded base, wadcutter lipped mag. Install a Wolff 11lb spring for extra reliability with shorter guns and/or hotter loads.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    in order

- WC ETM +p 8rd

- CMC Powermag+ 8rd

- Tripp Cobra 8rd

- WC 47D
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Besides factory magazines, I only use Wilson mags. almost exclusively 47 +p. I find that 8 round magazines are less reliable. That's always been my own experience with the 1911 format, and 8 round magazines.

Feedback Score
    The KimPro mags are made by Checkmate and I have three or four of them and they work pretty well for the price. Checkmate makes a bunch of the OEM 1911 mags, some of them seem to work great others do not. The Powermags have always been one of my favorites because the spring is very robust unlike the 47Ds I've used which always seemed to work well for several months until the spring gets weak from constantly being loaded.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In my opinion the gold standard for 45ACP 1911 magazines is the Wilson 47 (7rd) and if someone desires an 8rd magazine I have thus far found none better than the Wilson Combat ETM-HD

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast