Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazines

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Also a 10-8 owner, I have tried several mags and they have all worked great Wilsons , nighthawks, Ed brown, act , cmc. I think it will be pistol specific if you find mags that work stick with them.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Wilson 8rd ETM + P mags. I have beat the snot out of them and they function perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Also a fan of the certac mags, I have 4 that I have used a lot they hold up great.

Feedback Score
    Go ahead and laugh. I have a large number of Colt 8 rounders that I swapped Wolff extra power mag springs into, since the original springs sucked, yes they do have the Chip/Devel designed follower. I also have a bunch of 47D Wilson 8 rounders, left over from then they were "cool". I think I've replaced the mag springs in them at one point too.

I'm big on respringing mags, as you may have guessed.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    Boring old Checkmate 7 rounders.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    In my opinion the gold standard for 45ACP 1911 magazines is the Wilson 47 (7rd) and if someone desires an 8rd magazine I have thus far found none better than the Wilson Combat ETM-HD
    I admit to having tried examples of the Johnny Come Lately's, but always return to the Wilson 47's. I have some that are 15+ years old, they received new springs, followers and baseplates from Wilson's about 3 years ago. Don't see any reason to switch.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I've been running Chip's 8rd. Powermags for a long time. They are robust, and have worked very, very well in my SA. As a side note Chip's 10rd Powemags didn't work in my particular gun. Intermittent nose dives, even after new springs.
    This is my experience. The 8 rd Powermags have been flawless, as have my stock Kimber mags. However, my 10rd Powermag has pretty regular failures.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I run Metalforms Pro 8 rounders and a few Certacs. The round top Metalform follower seems to hold the last round better than the dimpled Checkmate followers. I had some Chip mags years ago before they had a true 8 round tube. The mag bodies were very durable. David

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    In my opinion the gold standard for 45ACP 1911 magazines is the Wilson 47 (7rd) and if someone desires an 8rd magazine I have thus far found none better than the Wilson Combat ETM-HD
    Sir, thank you for sharing. What you had a chance to compare the new WC Vickers mag to the Wilson Combat ETM-HD?
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-ETM...oductinfo/800/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Sir, thank you for sharing. What you had a chance to compare the new WC Vickers mag to the Wilson Combat ETM-HD?
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-ETM...oductinfo/800/
    I haven't played with one of the Wilson Combat/Vickers magazines yet... but, just from a design standpoint, I can see how the lack of a witness slot down the side of the tube can help with the long term durability of the magazine body.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast