Thread: Magazines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    in order

- WC ETM +p 8rd

- CMC Powermag+ 8rd

- Tripp Cobra 8rd

- WC 47D
    ^This or the first 2 could be reversed or listed 1A and 1B.
    Last edited by JLeeACP; 12-26-15 at 15:40.

James

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Sir, thank you for sharing. What you had a chance to compare the new WC Vickers mag to the Wilson Combat ETM-HD?
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-ETM...oductinfo/800/
    Obviously not Mr. Burton.

But for what its worth, I have been using the Vickers mags almost exclusively for about 3 months now and can say it is a damn good mag. I know, not a long time or a torture test by any means, but my 3 mags have gone through about 800-ish rounds with not much more than a wipe down and they appear to work exactly as advertised. But then again I am not a HSLD dude and only use them for range and CCW use.

They are spendy though, but with the backing that Wilson puts behind them, to me they are worth the money.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Obviously not Mr. Burton.

But for what its worth, I have been using the Vickers mags almost exclusively for about 3 months now and can say it is a damn good mag. I know, not a long time or a torture test by any means, but my 3 mags have gone through about 800-ish rounds with not much more than a wipe down and they appear to work exactly as advertised. But then again I am not a HSLD dude and only use them for range and CCW use.

They are spendy though, but with the backing that Wilson puts behind them, to me they are worth the money.
    Your response is worth plenty to me. Being able to say "I've put X amount through these mags over this period of time" is a great way of sharing information, and good information leads to informed choices.

If I may ask, how many Vickers mags are you using, and do you keep them loaded?

Feedback Score
    I have three of them. I will probably be ordering 3-4 more once the finances recover from the holidays. These will probably end up being my go to mags even though I have a plethora of others also, including the standard ETM flatwires which have been great also.

The Vickers have been loaded since day one, intentionally. Just to see if any fleas crop up. None have, even with lack of cleaning.

The standard ETM flatwires have been exceptional as well. Some of which have been continuously loaded and used for 6-8 months(?) with no issues.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    Wilsons follower sucks, and has NO effect on all rounds feeding,
    Glad they get paid superhero loot. 100% of a good 1911 mag is
    The shape of mag and feed lips, And a real strong spring!!!!!
    Doesnt matter what i use, but thy all have perfict feed lips and very strong spring, i like a few, but the guy selling home brew super mags are funny, follower only affects last round, truly i make my own and hand pick my parts, thers a few nice followers that are long, a good thing , and when round is driven off mag top, a strong spring helps kick rear of case up breach face under extractor claw, and , because i shoot very hot loads . A good set of feed lips, and strong spring stop rounds from dropping out, loose, i could show u but always at least feel for strong spring!!! Look n learn, its very simple
    Brad

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad100 View Post
    Wilsons follower sucks, and has NO effect on all rounds feeding,
    Glad they get paid superhero loot. 100% of a good 1911 mag is
    The shape of mag and feed lips, And a real strong spring!!!!!
    Doesnt matter what i use, but thy all have perfict feed lips and very strong spring, i like a few, but the guy selling home brew super mags are funny, follower only affects last round, truly i make my own and hand pick my parts, thers a few nice followers that are long, a good thing , and when round is driven off mag top, a strong spring helps kick rear of case up breach face under extractor claw, and , because i shoot very hot loads . A good set of feed lips, and strong spring stop rounds from dropping out, loose, i could show u but always at least feel for strong spring!!! Look n learn, its very simple
    Brad
    So...ignore empirical data, the advice of legitimate subject matter experts, and the untold millions of rounds and dollars that have been overseen by said experts and research? Nothing wrong with building your own, but your opinion could use better backing, or at the very least, objective data.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    So...ignore empirical data, the advice of legitimate subject matter experts, and the untold millions of rounds and dollars that have been overseen by said experts and research? Nothing wrong with building your own, but your opinion could use better backing, or at the very least, objective data.
    A better command of the English language would be helpful, too, methinks.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Ignore him. 9 posts, and almost all of them are trashing something, or someone.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    For many years now I've use only cmc 8rd power mags. They have not failed at all for me.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I like the Wilson ETM mags and the CM power mags. I am thinking about buying some vickers mags and swapping out the base plates with the standard ETM baseplates.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast