Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: A new M193 comes to market (MEN)!

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    What's the advantage to the 62gr non steel core versus the m855 out there?
    Just a guess but probably better consistency not having to situate a steel penetrator inside a lead bullet inside a copper jacket. M855 is not particularly accurate.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    What's the advantage to the 62gr non steel core versus the m855 out there?
    More accuracy.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Just a guess but probably better consistency not having to situate a steel penetrator inside a lead bullet inside a copper jacket. M855 is not particularly accurate.

Bingo.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yesterday I ran 30 rounds of M.E.N. M193 through a chronograph, and I was disappointed with the results. I ran the rounds through my 16" Daniel Defense M4V7 which has a mid-length gas system, and I used a Caldwell G2 Ballistic Precision chronograph set up 15' from the muzzle to time the rounds. Here are my results:

As you can see these rounds had an average speed of 2,867 fps, with a low of 2,770 and a high of 2,943 fps. That's a spread of 173 fps between the slowest & fastest rounds. Given that M.E.N.'s published velocity for this round is 3,248 fps I expected I would see 3,000 fps as my average velocity with less deviation between the slowest & fastest rounds. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by TexHill; 06-20-17 at 17:23.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They always test these rounds from a 20 inch barrel. So that will account for some of the velocity variation. Did you try to shoot groups and see how they grouped. Its mil spec ammo, not match ammo so Im not terrible surprised. I might hope for better but not expect it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    What are your thoughts?
    My first thought is that the 2770 might be a one off round or a bad read. Just based on the other velocities that are shown (13 thru 20)... I don't see any others in the 2700s range. Just a guess.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    They always test these rounds from a 20 inch barrel. So that will account for some of the velocity variation. Did you try to shoot groups and see how they grouped. Its mil spec ammo, not match ammo so Im not terrible surprised. I might hope for better but not expect it.

PB
    No, I wasn't shooting groups for accuracy. I got the new chronograph so I was more interested in the velocities. Next time I'll do both.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can’t find this ammunition in stock anywhere these days. Has it all dried up and is any more coming into the country?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I can’t find this ammunition in stock anywhere these days. Has it all dried up and is any more coming into the country?
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/MEN-556...rds_p_779.html

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just scored myself 510 rounds! I just wish I could buy all of it. Grant, do you take IOUs, maybe, a line of G&R credit? 😁

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast