Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A new M193 comes to market (MEN)!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    If affordable DAG or MEN surplus 7.62 became available again I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I'm still shooting vintage surplus of both, and on another precision forum folks were finding it shot 3/4 moa fairly reliably.

I know my (sorely missed) HK 91 loved it, and I shot many battle packs of it.

Sent from my PRC-104 using phonetics
    Remember the days of 150/1000 Hirtenberger and DAG?

I should have bought AMMO with all my "deployment money" back then. I mean, I bought 5,000 once because it was literally abotu what we pay for 1000 now but if I had known................

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    No, not necessarily. The German company (MEN) also makes pistol ammo and it is fantastic (especially their 124gr 9mm NATO). The problem is that European defensive rounds don't make it to the US. So all we know is what we have in front of us.

If anyone can get a M193 load to shoot half inch groups at 100yds, please show us!

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, I can confirm that and have a couple thousand rounds of the 9mm MEN NATO sitting in an ammo can right now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    Remember the days of 150/1000 Hirtenberger and DAG?..
    $20/ 200 rnd battle pack, yep. $25 at gun shows. And I bought some more when it resurfaced a decade ago at $50/ pack

Sent from my PRC-104 using phonetics

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Anyone have opinions on the MEN 7.62x51? I'm curious how the 5.56 quality carries to other calibers.
    We can shoot the 7.62 in some bolt guns and see how it groups. It might like the bolt guns much better, and I know I shoot my bolt gun better. Sometimes I shoot my MWS well , sometimes I feel like I struggle a bit. We'll hit it again in two weeks and shoot for MOA.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-17-16 at 19:02.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The men556 is some of the best m193 ive ever shot...its more consistent then the rest.. ill happily donate some to molon if he wants to evaluate it. :P

Btw.. thanks Grant for stocking the 92g-sd I got one before they all got eaten up!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The MEN 7.62 brass seems nice. I primed some of the MEN and some XM80 LC brass today. The MEN brass primer pockets were WAY nicer than LC. The primers seated snugly but steady and smooth.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The MEN 7.62 brass seems nice. I primed some of the MEN and some XM80 LC brass today. The MEN brass primer pockets were WAY nicer than LC. The primers seated snugly but steady and smooth.
    That's great news. We were told the 5.56 was nice brass but you alwYs wonder until you see it. We have 320 of these pieces. And the LMT is hungry.

PB.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Hey Grant, sorry to bring this back from the dead but, y'all have any idea when y'all will be stocking more MEN 5.56? Or CBC? Although, I haven't seen that stuff anywhere in awhile

Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It's almost surreal that with everything happening, we still can't seem to get any of this stuff. The Magtech I can understand as I recall they got a large gov't/ MIL contract a while back.

I was hoping to see more of that MEN ammo though.

Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    Hey Grant, sorry to bring this back from the dead but, y'all have any idea when y'all will be stocking more MEN 5.56? Or CBC? Although, I haven't seen that stuff anywhere in awhile

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score

A new M193 comes to market (MEN)!

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    It's almost surreal that with everything happening, we still can't seem to get any of this stuff. The Magtech I can understand as I recall they got a large gov't/ MIL contract a while back.

I was hoping to see more of that MEN ammo though.
    Agreed. The "ammo climate" is certainly better these days. Hopefully we'll see more MEN soon. LAV did a 2017 SHOT interview with a Magtech/CBC/MEN rep talking about MEN coming to the US only when the Germans have surplus and they seem to be having a lot of surplus as time goes on.

Definitely hoping more MEN ammo turns up stateside soon. I didn't hear Magtech got a contract but that would explain that though.

I was hoping Grant might have gotten a heads up from them stating there was some MEN inbound in a certain time frame.

Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast