Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am finally joining the AR pistol bandwagon despite already owning SBRs..

Feedback Score

I am finally joining the AR pistol bandwagon despite already owning SBRs..

Yeah, I can't deny it any longer. It's a GREAT idea. After a few years of making fun of AR pistols and telling people to "just get a stamp" I must concede that the ability to build up a 10.5" AR pistol that I can take anywhere without having to get 5320.20s approved for "permission" from the BATF is a Solid Gold Idea.

Updated: Just waiting to see which pistol braces are actually still legal to own after December 2022 at this point....
    Last edited by Labayu; 10-14-22 at 01:53. Reason: Updated: B/C FASCISM and stuff

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I'd check the EE and other boards you may belong to. I've found great deals on excellent hear, new and used.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Well, I ordered a PSA 10.5 CHF upper, got it in and when I put it all together the front sight was 5-6 clicks off when lined up with my Aimpoint T1 and KAC 0-600m rear sight. I emailed PSA about it and they said to send it back to them and they would get it right in 2-3 weeks. So my LMT upper is now a get around Sally hopping from an SBR lower to a pistol lower as needed.

I have seen a few people have really good luck with the PSA CHF uppers but I am wondering if I wouldn't have been better off just fixing that front sight tower myself since I already own an M16 taper pin reamer and a few dozen hardened taper pins ranging from undersize to oversize.

Who here thinks they will actually get that front sight tower within 1 or 2 clicks of TDC by the time they send it back to me? Do they even use a jig or chuck it up in a lathe with a bubble level on the upper to do their FSBs or do they just eyeball it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    Well, I ordered a PSA 10.5 CHF upper, got it in and when I put it all together the front sight was 5-6 clicks off when lined up with my Aimpoint T1 and KAC 0-600m rear sight. I emailed PSA about it and they said to send it back to them and they would get it right in 2-3 weeks. So my LMT upper is now a get around Sally hopping from an SBR lower to a pistol lower as needed.
    My experience with PSA is almost no quality control at all steps in their process. I had a two item order for rear sight and upper they screwed up three ways. I actually had to ship back two times. I'd read spotty reports, but thought "for this price I'll risk it". Maybe their quality control has improved in the last two years, but your statement reinforces that they are a soup sandwich.

Why try to fix something obvious that should have never been sent to you from PSA? If they cannot get the obvious externals right, why expect other components to be correct in 2-3 weeks? To USMCvet's comment, I picked up a nice used LMT 10.5" for a great price last year.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm eyeing the SIG MPX pretty hard right now. I know it's not a true AR internally, but it is pretty darn close. It makes a bunch of sense to me for the reasons you mentioned, but also for people may live in places where excessive wall penetration could be a safety concern.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    I have to ask a stupid question, it is my understanding that putting a AR pistol with a buffer tube to your shoulder is fine by the ATF.

But if you put any of the arm braces on it, then it can't touch your shoulder.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I also am thinking of getting an AR pistol for my home in the USA, because of the lack of hassle over a SBR.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    11.5 upper kak buffer tube and brace and magpul sl handguard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have to ask a stupid question, it is my understanding that putting a AR pistol with a buffer tube to your shoulder is fine by the ATF.

But if you put any of the arm braces on it, then it can't touch your shoulder.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I also am thinking of getting an AR pistol for my home in the USA, because of the lack of hassle over a SBR.

That is my understanding as well, but I am not an expert in the law, so hopefully others will chime in also.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast