Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dumbass move of the day: stripped hex head bolt on my DD slim keymod `

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I got an email last week, that I must have deleted stating that all the employees are currently on holiday vacation
    Yep:

"Please note we will be closed December 19th-December 27th, we will be back December 28Th."

toc

Feedback Score
    I've had the same experience with those crappy screws. I drilled the heads off with a 12" long 1/4" drill bit in a cordless drill. Drilled like butter. DD sent me some more and I ended up stripping one of those too and that was with snap on wrenches and no loctite. Those screws are junk! The only good thing is they are so soft that they drill easily. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whhood View Post
    I've had the same experience with those crappy screws. I drilled the heads off with a 12" long 1/4" drill bit in a cordless drill. Drilled like butter. DD sent me some more and I ended up stripping one of those too and that was with snap on wrenches and no loctite. Those screws are junk! The only good thing is they are so soft that they drill easily. Good luck.
    Wow, looks like drilling out stripped fasteners works. Who would of thought?
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    That looks like my best bet. Hopefully DD doesn't decide to take another few weeks off for good measure. I need some screws.

Actually, I think I will just order some M4x25 off Amazon. Hopefully they are it.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I stripped a screw on my DD lite III. I used a dremel with half worn cut off wheel and cut a slot in the screw to accept a flat head screw driver. It came right out. Those screws are junk and I found replacement at my local ACE hardware.

Feedback Score

Replacement Fasteners

Interested in this thread because I am thinking about getting a 12" Slim rail for my next build. A quick google search came up with this place that advertises $6.99 flat rate USPS shipping. Not sure if these would work and I have not ordered from here before. They are metric grade 10.9 which if I converted right seems equal to grade 8. They are button heads just like what is sent with the rail. I threw 20 of them in the cart and estimated shipping. Came out to $11 total.

http://www.mrmetric.com/metric-faste...-9/M11440.html

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I stripped one or two myself by not using a ball hex. Thankfully DD sent me like 5 new screws. Once they're in they stay in though, no loctite needed

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567