Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You have until Dec 21 to register your Drone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wouldn't either. Lol. I had that cheap yellow RC plane from harbor freight when I was a kid. Crashed that bitch onto a roof How i got my flight simulator student pilot certificate: beats me plane was sideways when I landed it ...
    Last edited by SilverBullet432; 12-14-15 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    So this mean that stand RC planes and copters also need to be registered.

Wonder if this will kill the RC hobby.
    I was just looking at some weights. For the 'micro' airplanes that are very common and around $100, they are often in the 50-100gram range. So not an issue. It seems once you get to about a 2 foot wingspan, then you are looking at the 250 gram level. So for most people flying the smaller park style fliers won't be affected. I think of it as the .22lr of the hobby are fine.

I don't have helicopter weights handy, but I think anything with multirotors will push that weight fast.

The smaller hobby planes are all foam, a pager vibrator as a motor and a 3.7v LiPo battery- not much. A multirotor has multiples of that engine and a frame- all getting heavier. Then if you add a camera, and a battery, electronics and antenna- you are starting to get heavy.

That's just my quick analysis.

I still don't know about kites that weigh over .55 lbs.....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I was just looking at some weights. For the 'micro' airplanes that are very common and around $100, they are often in the 50-100gram range. So not an issue. It seems once you get to about a 2 foot wingspan, then you are looking at the 250 gram level. So for most people flying the smaller park style fliers won't be affected. I think of it as the .22lr of the hobby are fine.

I don't have helicopter weights handy, but I think anything with multirotors will push that weight fast.

The smaller hobby planes are all foam, a pager vibrator as a motor and a 3.7v LiPo battery- not much. A multirotor has multiples of that engine and a frame- all getting heavier. Then if you add a camera, and a battery, electronics and antenna- you are starting to get heavy.

That's just my quick analysis.

I still don't know about kites that weigh over .55 lbs.....

Be careful with those lipos now. Don't you know all those "hoverboards" catching fire are dangerous?! Its been well documented for over 10 years that lithium batteries are dangerous why all the fuss all of a sudden? Back then I had a radioshack XMOD. The aftermarket LiPoly's were dangerous as fu** houses would burn down...

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I don't understand.
    If idiots flying their toys to close to passenger aircraft, or crashing in neighborhoods are to blame for this, how does registering a UAV solve anything?
    Tomorrow I will go out and fly across the local airport again, $5 dollar fee or no....

I think Honu whacked it pretty hard on the head.
    Once again, it's not about "safety" it's about restriction.

I also notice that, according to the pdf list, it seems the registration threshold begins right about at the point the aerial vehicle can carry a decent functional camera....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More government oversight.....wonderful

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I don't understand.
    If idiots flying their toys to close to passenger aircraft, or crashing in neighborhoods are to blame for this, how does registering a UAV solve anything?
    Tomorrow I will go out and fly across the local airport again, $5 dollar fee or no....
    I view it as being the same as pointing a laser at an aircraft canopy while the aircraft is in flight. In my opinion, it would be more practical to locate the people flying drones close to civil aviation in flight and charge them criminally. It would be easy to obtain a Grand Jury criminal indictment for Reckless Conduct, so no one could argue there are no laws to address the issue.
    Last edited by T2C; 12-14-15 at 21:48.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does this include the drones in one's household who blindly vote for Dems?
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    Does this include the drones in one's household who blindly vote for Dems?
    If you make reference to Democ-Rats, someone may take offense.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    If you make reference to Democ-Rats, someone may take offense.
    Oh? ...meh
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I bet more drone owners refuse to participate in registration than gun owners. I wouldn't register my drone if I had one.
    "If you like your Drone, then you can keep your Drone!"

So many Federal laws, I wonder how much time for removing the tags from mattress?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast