Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: You have until Dec 21 to register your Drone

Feedback Score
    NO I do not either

I am saying the companies are doing this now with legit and no flying zones by GPS
    the thing just wont go into the zone

I was not saying have the gov do that no way hahaahahah

and agree I say no nothing !!!! but break the no fly zones for solid reasons as in air space near a airport you get in trouble !!! again target the bad guys not wide spread everyone kinda thing which is sadly what happens

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Absolutely not.

I don't want .gov writing software for anything. I don't want Chevy et al. Disabling my cell when I get in my car.

As for the drones come to DC and fly one line of site into a myriad of any restricted areas and see how it goes. The police will find you and they will have a chat with you about it. You probably won't go to jail but you'll think twice before doing it again.

That being said, passing laws to mandate licensing and registration isn't going to stop ISIS from putting explosives on one and dropping into a crowd.

Get real people. Laws don't stop actions and behavior. In this context their only purpose is to expand the investigative authority of the gov to further and unnecessarily intrude into the lives of we the people.

Maybe we should have a no buy no drone list? Please...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got a cheap Amazon quadcopter for my birthday. I had no real issues with the registration. I though it was retarded and useless feel good mumbo jumbo typical of government. I'm on enough databases that my strategy isn't privacy but information overload

I'm no pilot, but I would think that if you are worried about an accidental downing of an aircraft you will be far more effective if you clear out bird habitats than keep a watch out for drones.

Purposeful attack of an aircraft is a different story, but then someone wanting to do that sure as shit isn't going to register or use ANY real information to do so. That means you're whole registration scheme is tits on a boar useful in protecting all those little children flying across the nation.

If as some have said, local LEO and the FAA police are useless in enforcing existing laws why do you think they will mysteriously become an excited Sherlock Holmes with these new regs.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This.

It's on par with making murder and drugs illegal.

How's that working out, again?

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    That means you're whole registration scheme is tits on a boar useful in protecting all those little children flying across the nation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Had this discussion before... your right to play with toys does not equal the right to keep arms...

Even trying to correlate the two is stupid.
    Playing with my toys would fall firmly in the realm of "pursuit of happiness", which was so important that it was listed in the Declaration of Independence as an example of one of our three inalienable rights. The protection of our inalienable right to keep and bear arms was not added until later in the second amendment to the Constitution.

We are talking about two inalienable God given birthrights here. Both are supposed to be protected in our "free" country.

Correlating the two, comparing the two and equating the two is logical and valid, as far as this discussion goes. At least the founders of this country thought so, but what do they know right? There were no drones, AR 15s, cell phones or computers when they dreamed this all up, right?
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I have 2 Phantom Pro's and I registered only 1, it was free and I even got a tail number. The FAA didn't require a serial number but wanted you to check a box that said "i have read and understand all the rules" which is to not fly over populated areas, forest fires, 5 miles near airports, 1 mile from helicopter pads, over emergency services, sports areas, government buildings, industrial complexes, highways etc. Texas Parks and Wildlife encourages the use of drones at several parks in Texas for the "birds eye view". I'm going to use one during my 4th of July fireworks show this year. I am going to fly as close to the artillery shells as possible. Its going to be like a B-17 flying through flak.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You'd better have a go pro on board when that goes down.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I have 2 Phantom Pro's and I registered only 1, it was free and I even got a tail number
    You didn't read the rules. You don't register the drone...you register yourself. The number you were assigned covers all of your drones.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Lots of statism going on here....

People (almost all people) tend to be this way. What they love or are passionate about is a right and a freedom. What they don't like or don't care about is a danger and must be regulated.

Firearms, drones, cars, marriage, the internet. Take your pick. But the majority of people will find an argument to restrict or control something that opposes their preconceived notions.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    People (almost all people) tend to be this way. What they love or are passionate about is a right and a freedom. What they don't like or don't care about is a danger and must be regulated.

Firearms, drones, cars, marriage, the internet. Take your pick. But the majority of people will find an argument to restrict or control something that opposes their preconceived notions.
    A sad reality to be certain.

Freedom is scary to many..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A sad reality to be certain.

Freedom is scary to many..

Good. Freedom should be scary. Bring it on. It beats being a slave of the state any day, and twice on Sundays.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast