Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: You have until Dec 21 to register your Drone

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I support the last two posts in earnest.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    guy at ballgame needs to be in serious trouble

and nobody should have to be penalized for him being stupid !!!!

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    there should be a list of no-go's included in every UAV box that is sold and should list the laws and the fine and punishment if said laws are broken: that way there would be no ignorance of the laws. When I buy a gun, it comes with a lock and instructions on how to handle a firearm properly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    there should be a list of no-go's included in every UAV box that is sold and should list the laws and the fine and punishment if said laws are broken: that way there would be no ignorance of the laws. When I buy a gun, it comes with a lock and instructions on how to handle a firearm properly.
    And that fixes stupid how exactly.

Like, it's a gun... That shoots bullets. If you shoot yourself or someone else it may result in a significant emotional event.

If you drone something stupidly it may result in a negative outcome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    that link above and all the drone sites are talking about that announcement of DJI starting to disable your drone if you do not register !

again the companies are going to be doing this for no fly zones more and more and the thing is wont stop those hacking and going past but if you are doing that you are up to no good and hammer needs to come down

in some ways the auto no fly areas if they are legit are OK cause it will keep the stupid naive people out of flying in areas that are on that why list ? like certain parks
    again out in the wilderness with nobody around I say no bans should be there ! certain memorials yeah ban em with folks around etc.. last thing I want to do at say Mt Rushmore is see drones flying all over the place

am I for this ? no but its happening and again maybe those saying OH I will just fly this drone up quickly to see more will be stopped !

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    I read the article. What is your point? Somebody did something they shouldn't have done with an object. Like so many others have already stated in this thread, go after the the perp of the dumb deed and leave me and the millions of people who did nothing wrong alone.

This is what freedom is. We all get to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but some A-hole might do something wrong with all this freedom. Punish the A-hole. Responsibility. We already have systems in place for this.

Can't believe I'm having a conversation like this on a gun forum... Of all the places where people should understand that criminal misuse of an object is not a reason to attempt to deprive millions of law-abiding citizens of their god-given rights and freedoms...
    You keep trying to link this to the 2nd, you are playing with a toy... That toy does not perform a critical function like self defense.

You have on one hand a toy that entertains children and young adults, on the other you have a critical tool that might be needed to save your or someone else's life. Try to get some perspective... the entitlement is getting a little thick in here.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 05-25-17 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    the argument

well drones save lives and perform as tools also just like guns !

not all handguns provide defense ? very few and not very often for how many are owned
    many are tools to help get a job done

many are toys and all folks do is go plinking a fun past time

some use both in there job to make a living !

farmers and other large land owners are using them more and more to control pests to head count and other things just like guns are used on a farm for various functions

rescue people are using them to save lives not as many as guns but they are saving lives

but they should not be compared to the 2nd !
    and regulation is bogus !!!!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    You keep trying to link this to the 2nd, you are playing with a toy... That toy does not perform a critical function like self defense.

You have on one hand a toy that entertains children and young adults, on the other you have a critical tool that might be needed to save your or someone else's life. Try to get some perspective... the entitlement is getting a little thick in here.
    Your use of "entitlement" in this context reeks of statist entitlement. Driving on public roads is a privilege because the roads were built with public funds and there is a significant risk of death or great bodily harm. Even then, they're not registered with the federal government. Public funds did not build the air and sky. There are restrictions on specific airspace because of the risk of death or great bodily harm, but requiring a free citizenry to register with the .gov to use the free air and sky that is NOT restricted for safety, is asinine.

Do we require bill of sale only vehicles and their owners who use them for off road use only to be registered, simply because they could be used on public roads? No, we don't. Do we require any other "toys" or their owners to be registered with the federal government? No, we don't.

Simply put, your argument falls flat on it's face on multiple counts. until passenger aircraft are falling out of the skies because of drone collisions, you don't have a leg to stand on here.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Your use of "entitlement" in this context reeks of statist entitlement. Driving on public roads is a privilege because the roads were built with public funds and there is a significant risk of death or great bodily harm. Even then, they're not registered with the federal government. Public funds did not build the air and sky. There are restrictions on specific airspace because of the risk of death or great bodily harm, but requiring a free citizenry to register with the .gov to use the free air and sky that is NOT restricted for safety, is asinine.

Do we require bill of sale only vehicles and their owners who use them for off road use only to be registered, simply because they could be used on public roads? No, we don't. Do we require any other "toys" or their owners to be registered with the federal government? No, we don't.

Simply put, your argument falls flat on it's face on multiple counts. until passenger aircraft are falling out of the skies because of drone collisions, you don't have a leg to stand on here.
    So we wait until something like that happens... like banning laptops on international flights? How about the huge list of laws and restrictions placed on a facets of society. How about we just open the boarders and allow everyone to come in until the system falls apart and then we do something about it?

Most states require off road vehicles over a certain CC to be registered BTW....
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 05-25-17 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    So we wait until something like that happens... like banning laptops on international flights? How about the huge list of laws and restrictions placed on a facets of society. How about we just open the boarders and allow everyone to come in until the system falls apart and then we do something about it?

Most states require off road vehicles over a certain CC to be registered BTW....
    I don't think "off-road" means what you think it does. I know plenty of folks with "off-road" use vehicles that are not registered with anyone (other than maybe a private race sanctioning body).
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast