Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: You have until Dec 21 to register your Drone

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    If they can make a cell phone blocker, certainly they can make a drone signal blocker. Just set them up around airports and approaches and watch all unauthorized drones fall out of the sky. I personally have worried about some terrorist wannabe asshole trying to use a drone to bring down a plane, but again it seems the solution should be pretty easy.
    the problem is a 'blocker' is like flooding or over powering. You would have to flood a spectrum of frequencies, and that's if the terrorists didn't use some other spectrum to communicate on.

You know when drive from one radio zone to the next and you stay on say 98.5 but the station starts picking up different music? If the new station increased their power teh 'take over' would be sooner. It would jam/block the other station sooner. So instead of you needing to be within 20 miles maybe now it would reach you 30 miles out.

The other type 'removal' of the unwanted would be akin to your graphic EQ. Pull down all the sliders but one. Of pull only one slider down. Either way you target a small spectrum but you need control over the receiver, which you won't have.

Those buildings you hear about that jam everything around them are also most likely a giant Faraday cage so all the power is going out to the perimeter and not back inside.

So it is kind of easy but it's not practical. That's why jamming devices are illegal to use. It's easy and it screws up everyone in the vicinity.

The notching stuff like the EQ, HAM guys do all day long, but they do it to their own radios so they can only hear what they want at any given time. Cable companies used to notch out premium content. the problem is you need to own all the gear to do that precision.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    You keep trying to link this to the 2nd, you are playing with a toy... That toy does not perform a critical function like self defense.

You have on one hand a toy that entertains children and young adults, on the other you have a critical tool that might be needed to save your or someone else's life. Try to get some perspective... the entitlement is getting a little thick in here.
    A right is a right. Government overreach is government overreach. Like you, I believe we the people have the right to keep and bear arms. Like you, I believe that the government should not be infringing upon those rights in any way. Unlike you, I also believe my quad copters, SCUBA gear, OHVs, and all my other toys, toys that I use in the pursuit of my own happiness, should also be free from government intrusion and control. One tool is not more protected than the other in my mind. If I misuse any of my toys or my firearms and harm someone else, then I should be held responsible. If not, I should be left alone. End of story.

I'm not linking this to the 2A. I'm equating it to the 2A.

Entitlement? May I ask a favor of you? Look that word up and read the definition. The entitlement in this thread, this forum and this country is, and should be extremely thick. I am entitled to enjoy my rights how I see fit. I am entitled to all of those rights, be they enumerated in the Bill Of Rights, The Constitution, or the Amendments to our Constitution. Entitled? I am absolutely, righteously, completely and whole-heartedly entitled to my God-given, inalienable, Constitutionally protected rights. So are you, and so is every American. For those born in other countries, sorry. Your rights are not as well protected as my rights. For those born in other countries that have legally immigrated to the U.S.A. Welcome to entitlement! You are now entitled to all your God-given birthrights, but be aware that some elements of our society don't think you should have all those rights, and they are plotting to undermine them and take them away from you and from me.

D.D., Let's all work together to stop the erosion of those rights, rather than encourage it. Name one of your hobbies or fun pastimes. I am sure there is something that you enjoy that a criminal or stupid person could mis-use and do harm to someone. Should we all start making suggestions for how you should be registered and restricted, and by which government agency? Are you going to do something stupid in a crowded stadium with your hobby that we should be pre-regulating to make sure you don't do it?
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I love how the FAA is still using laminating machines to produce official documents. Remember, these guys control all of U.S. airspace.
    There are still federal agencies that issue laminated LEO credentials. Nothing surprises me anymore.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I love how the FAA is still using laminating machines to produce official documents. Remember, these guys control all of U.S. airspace.
    My replacement pilots license is printed on a credit size card piece of plastic, just like my passport card. My drone registration thing is just a printed piece of card stock paper, but it's not like it's some kind of important government document.
    Last edited by Hmac; 05-27-17 at 20:20.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112