Thread: My first!

Feedback Score

My first!

I just got this kinda done, this is my PSA build. I didn't completely build this myself I did purchase the upper already built do to the specs it had and was what I was looking for at a great price.
    The Upper is made from all there premium line parts includes a 16" ultra light weight 416 r stainless steel barrel, 1:7 twist 5.56 NATO. 13.2" PSA free float keymod rail. There premium BCG MPI/HTP tested with PSA logo.
    The lower is also there Premium line of parts bullet Pictogram logos, premium lower parts kit.

Items I installed:
    1. BCM keymod Wolf grey VG
    2. BCM Wolf grey Keymod rail covers
    3. BCM extractor upgrade kit
    4. BCM Wolf grey Mod 3 pistol grip
    5. BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
    6.Magpul Stealth grey Mbus pop-up sight set
    7. Magpul Stealth grey trigger guard
    8. Blackhawk buttstock

Items I still want:
    BCM wolf grey butt stock
    Primary Arms 1X6 scope with mount
    Maybe a light but not sure which one just want something low profile simple on/off features about 200+ lumens and not break the bank. (Ideas please)

Here are some pics of it as of now, no BCM butt stock yet but here soon!
    I am just wondering what others thoughts are on PSA items, I know this isn't a true custom build. I did purchase the lower parts and my local gun shop gunsmith let me watch him assemble the lower and I watched him build a upper for another customer. If I had the extra cash for the proper tools I would have done the complete build myself, I did it this way for learning experience. I like the rifle so far and have shot like 200+ rounds of different ammo types
    Tulammo 223 55 gr FMJ
    Wolf 223 55-62 gr FMJ and HP military rounds
    Federal 556 55 gr FMJ
    PMC Bronze 55 gr FMJ
    I really need to get that Primary Arms 1X6 scope for this and sight it in, I do notice even with the MBUS sights that after that barrel gets warm my groups open up just slightly, not much!
    Thanks for all replies and I am new to this forum, thanks for allowing me to join. This is my 2nd AR 15 my first was a S&W M&P 15 Sport rifle. Good shooter sold it to help build this PSA AR.
    I want to do a PSA AR10 build myself here next year if are government doesn't ban the AR sporting rifle again.

20151215_134002.jpg20151215_134017.jpg20151215_134032.jpg20151215_134051.jpg20151215_134227.jpg

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Nice job.
    Should be a decent blaster. PSA is hit and miss. Making sure you get exactly what you want is the trick. The premium parts like the FN made barrels should work just fine. As long as everything is in spec you will be GTG.

Next time stretch yourself and try assembling the lower. Lots of videos and how to guides available if you get stuck. Some basic tools like roll pin punches and a small hammer along with some patience is all you need.

Enjoy it and shoot the crap out of it.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 12-15-15 at 13:53.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What made you go with PSA components? Just the price point? Looks as though it should be a decent shooter anyway, and as far as a light recommendation maybe look into the streamlight options like the TLR1S.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies, masenomics , I will look into that light mount, I was going to go with Anderson but the FN barrels that PSA sell kinda sealed the deal and my buddy has a PSA standard lower with a BCM mid-length upper. I liked the lower he has and saw that the gun shop had PSA bullet pictogram lowers I like the difference from the standard "safe,fire" writing. I will also say that the price point got me also with PSA items. I really would like to do a BCM upper build, not sure on the lower. Like to build a AR 10 anyone got any advice on where to get good AR 10 uppers and lowers for a good price, I have been looking at Anderson for this build also.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Right on I've heard PSA stuff is kind of hit or miss but premium line is pretty good, have no personal experience. I definitely vote for a BCM upper, they have some great products and their customer service is bar none. That streamlight TLR1S is the strobe model also, but you could also look at the inforce wmlx, or you could break the bank and get a surefire, worth every penny though. But I just built a dpms lr308 pattern rifle on a set of aero precision m5 receiver set, I like the receivers yet I've only put 40 rounds through it but they were flawless, everything worked as it should, and bolt held open after every last round. I recommend the aero precision m5 receivers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Very cool build... Spikes also rolled out some reasonable priced .308 lowers as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Aero also has some affordable uppers and lowers as well.

Feedback Score
    Curious, did you get your primary arms optics yet? I'm trying to decide what to go with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    No not yet but I have been still looking, got my eye on the Primary Arms and the Vortex Crossfire II. I like them both and Vortex no questions asked warranty replacement is kinda a deal breaker.