Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $500 PSA Torture Test

Feedback Score

$500 PSA Torture Test

More along the lines of induced failures like the VP9 or AKOU tests, than the high round count stuff from BV or Filthy 14, I love reading about this kind of stuff regardless:

$500 PSA Torture Test

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The AKOU can sure be brutal on a rifle!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Javelin test seems hilarious.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some of those can get ridiculous and unlikely.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    The Javelin test seems hilarious.
    I expected it to break the barrel at the extension, but guess not!

I really don't understand why the Internet defacto of a good rifle is dragging it, and pouring sand into the chamber. Cool and fun test, but I'd rather hear from the guys running classes on what guns work. Because I don't tobagon my rifle or build sand castles with it. I shoot it, and that's what I expect it to do.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

I really don't understand why the Internet defacto of a good rifle is dragging it, and pouring sand into the chamber. Cool and fun test, but I'd rather hear from the guys running classes on what guns work. Because I don't tobagon my rifle or build sand castles with it. I shoot it, and that's what I expect it to do.
    I don't either and these "torture tests" are becoming normal and entertaining. I have a couple MR556s and LWRCs. One has seen dirt but only because of occasional training. Aside from that I take care of my kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen a he'll of a lot of this type of 'test' over the years and the only firm observation I've made is the the results are never consistent.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    To be a real test it has to be similar to what the FBI did with the 1911 trials, this is more entertaining than educational

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's kind of a waste of money and a decent rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

I don't think that the drag tests do much besides abrade the high points on the rifle and jack up the optics (MBUS do well here though), myself. I think that throwing the rifle down the side of a hill would be more instructive. High round count stuff is obviously going to take a lot of money and time, so I understand why those ties of tests are not as common.

Yeah, they aren't so good at building sand castles, but maybe ice sculpting? Lawn aeration?

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    That's kind of a waste of money and a decent rifle.
    The rifle still functions, even if it looks a little worse for the wear. I was advocating doing a decent clean and apocalypse lube job with dirty motor oil, and then a 200rd mag dump to assess worse case functionality, but haven't seen any plans for that yet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast