Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Steyr AUG fans here?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Kent, thanks for the info and taking the time to fill us in. I am personally looking forward to your product and am sure many others are as well.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    Kent, thanks for the info and taking the time to fill us in. I am personally looking forward to your product and am sure many others are as well.

C4
    Thank you!

Here is a poor picture of our grip, pat pend..

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPDSOT
    Thank you!

Your welcome and please check your PM.

C4

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    An American AUG is really a great idea! I am hoping on the creative minds and constant tinkering of the US shooting industry to show what is possible with the AUG. Handling their much too heavy A3 version, I thought: boy, how Steyr needs somebody like Mr. LaRue. TPDSOT could be this innovator.

Nevertheless it is my favorite carbine design. You get rifle ballistics out of a carbine size gun, far more tough magazines, better pointability, one hand useability and ergonomics (if you don't subscribe to the shoulder change theory), fewer parts that can break, a cleaner and more reliable running system. In a recent carbine class, I observed my AUG as well as three others to go through 2500 rds. without a single failure.

Moreover it introduced optics to every soldier-something that was added to the M16 system after Mogadishu. The sole downside to the A2 is rail space but with the Brügger & Thomet rail system that problem is gone.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Man.......I might have to beg-borrow-steal my buddy's AUG again and get some serious trigger time.

I'm really hoping that you can get a high quality American (maybe some Aussie in there somewhere too) AUG out early next year TPDSOT.

Welcome to the forum, please keep us updated....

Mmmmmm.........AUG goodness.....
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    The sole downside to the A2 is rail space but with the Brügger & Thomet rail system that problem is gone.

Not an issue anymore...Don't spend $600 spend alot less...

TPD has a rail system going into production that will eliminate all the issues. Fourteen inches of rail along the rifle's horizontal line and two, three or four rails, depending on your preference, just at the gas block. Can't post pic's quite yet, need some paper work back from USPTO.

About 3/4 of a pound lighter, estimate, than the new A3 that is the new design by...you know who.

TPDSOT
    Life is precious, instantly.
    Makers of the AXR, a US AUG(tm) TPDUSA.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The sole downside to the A2 is rail space but with the Brügger & Thomet rail system that problem is gone.

TPD has a rail system going into production that will eliminate all the issues. Fourteen inches of rail along the rifle's horizontal line and two, three or four rails, depending on your preference, just at the gas block. Can't post pic's quite yet, need some paper work back from USPTO.

About 3/4 of a pound lighter, estimate, than the new A3 that is the new design by...you know who.

TPDSOT
    Excellent!

C4

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Thumbs up

Can't wait for pictures!!
    my enmity is only against Tyranny, where ever I find it, wheter in Emperour, King, Prince, Parliament, Presbyters, or People.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score

TPDSOT
    Looks like we may have some probability of a complete AUG after all. This is tenative, but a parts source looks to be in the offing. For those non 922 (r) compliant parts. Will keep you posted.

TPDSOT

Feedback Score
    I hesitate to quote prices, but what the hay:

These kits will have a couple of variables.

With or without NATO stock, cost at this time $400, but Steyr has plans for a price increase, might be significant, but we are designing our own

Barrels complete MSRP around $525 +-match grade chrome lined

Disconnetor $20-$22

Gas piston only $22

Gas regulator $70+
    (sorry, these are prohibitively expensive to make correctly with no short cuts)

Foregrip $60+-

Trigger no price yet

A2 optics rail $250+-, (very new and very functional, simple yet effective design) or original A2 $95

Receivers: yet to be determined under a $1000 more than $650

Now with AR uppers in the $1000+ range we will be very competetive with high end AR's, but with, what we think significant advantages

A tricked out AR is right where we will be, we hope. Any of these prices I have stated can change in both directions. It is simply not fair to compare apples to oranges here as these are manufactured in the hundreds not thousands or tens of thousands as the AR is. We are breaking some new ground here and this is very early on so consider these ballpark.

I hope I have not jumped the gun...

Just for kicks I went to EE on another site and put together a high end AR, on paper, with no optics, averaging the costs of all high end parts and came up with a $2254 rifle. I hadn't looked lately, but there were $1500 uppers, without sights...You won't need a collapsible stock with this rifle and overall length with a 16 inch barrel is still shorter than some of the SBR's I saw.

Just playing around...

TPDSOT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast