Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First SBR -- 11.5" lightweight middy

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I traded into a 1-10x scope but am waiting for a mount to show up. I will shoot some 10 round groups at 100 yards with CBC 77gr and Black Hills 55gr. Unfortunately I have no place to shoot further than that locally.

Feedback Score
    Very cool. I see you went with a KAC rear sight too. I can't believe you didn't use the matching front! lol.

Looking forward to seeing how yours does with the scope and good ammo. I will eventually try out some 77 grain hand loads in mine.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To be more lightweight...why not go with a T1?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveAR View Post
    To be more lightweight...why not go with a T1?
    I bought 3 of these Comp M4s at a gun show for a hell of a deal, so they have been my go-to red dots... but I have entertained thoughts of trading one for a T1 or T2. That would definitely make for a lighter rifle... the Comp M4 is built like a brick.

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Nice lightweight build!

Back in the "Day" the entire reason the military used the M-16 Commando is for a smaller, lightweight version of the M-16 rifle and nowadays people want to add 3-5 pounds of "stuff" to their CAR which just doesn't make any sense to me.

Paul
    I shot a buddies A2 carbine the other day. I couldn't believe how light it was. Nothing but A2 furniture, even with the fixed stock it was light.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I shot a buddies A2 carbine the other day. I couldn't believe how light it was. Nothing but A2 furniture, even with the fixed stock it was light.
    Just wait until you shoot an A1.

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    Can is here

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very Nice.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Good news! I am very interested to see where your AGB settings end up suppressed vs unsuppressed.

I owe you some precision testing but haven't had the time to hit the range. I do plan to shoot in the yard (~35yards) and try an A5H4 buffer+LMT E-carrier.

If I had more time I could mess with a blue/white sprinco and H/H2/H3 buffer for y'all.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I shot some Wolf to check function with the A5H4, which held open the bolt at setting 5.

Then I installed the 1-10x scope and shot a 10 round group and then a 3 round group with CBC 77gr. I'll be honest, I feel like I run out of talent past about.. 10 yards. I had the vertical grip resting on a sandbag and that was it. All that said, I didn't feel like my drifting contributed that much to the 10 round group.

Next time out at the range I will try again, although 2.7 MOA is not terrible. I did not have time to try any of the PPU 69/77, but I bet they are worse. I forgot the BH 55gr, that stuff in my Noveske 12.5 is the most accurate combo I have ever shot.

10 rd group was 2.7 MOA.

3 rd group was 0.91 MOA.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-20-16 at 14:01.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast