Thread: Elk Neck State Forest

Feedback Score

Elk Neck State Forest

Anyone in the MD, PA, DE area ever use the shooting range located in Elk Neck State Forest? I'm close by and looking for a range that goes out to at least 100 yards. Closest one by me only goes out to 50 yards. If anyone has used this range how's the environment in terms of the people and attitudes? I see that an annual range pass is only $50 for a yearly pass. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    it's luck of the draw on fellow shooters. there are bullet holes everywhere. shot there once.

PA has a lot of private clubs that may suit you better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is it a PA Game Commission range? If so you need a PA hunting license, or a permit you buy from the PGC. I avoid them, but have been a member of a gun club for many years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
    it's luck of the draw on fellow shooters. there are bullet holes everywhere. shot there once.

PA has a lot of private clubs that may suit you better.
    From what I heard from people I've asked locally the general consensus is on par with what you said. I've never ventured to check it out. I've looked into a few of the private ranges in PA, they are all pretty far from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    Is it a PA Game Commission range? If so you need a PA hunting license, or a permit you buy from the PGC. I avoid them, but have been a member of a gun club for many years.
    No it's a public range in MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk