Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Local Gun Store just posted pictures of a new Ruger American Pistol they got in stock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seriously. That thing looks like a VP9 had a love child with a Sig 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Handled one of these at Cabelas late last week. It felt...odd. Physically the grip really wasn't that big but it sure felt like it. Not for me I don't think...
    Last edited by nova3930; 02-08-16 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    Sorry but Ruger's center-fire semi-autos have always left me flat and never wanting to own one. The P-85 to the SR-9 series guns.

They make a neat little 22 semi-auto in the MkII and 22-45 series and I love their single action revolvers but really...everything else they make are items I could take or leave.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They make a solid 1911.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Sorry but Ruger's center-fire semi-autos have always left me flat and never wanting to own one. The P-85 to the SR-9 series guns.

They make a neat little 22 semi-auto in the MkII and 22-45 series and I love their single action revolvers but really...everything else they make are items I could take or leave.
    Ruger makes the Toyota camry of the gun world. Not terrible but not exceptional either. Most of what they make is OK but just not as refined as some of the other choices out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Very true.

Ruger's guns are strong and they work but they are boring and sometimes clunky and uninspiring. Lots of plastic and cast parts and rough finishes.

They are also usually pretty affordable.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    So what does that make Glocks? The Toyota Hilux of the gun world?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Probably a good analogy lol.

1911s are the Model t ford. A bazillion made, old as dirt but will still get you around if needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I managed to check out a SIG 320 yesterday. I have seen a few of these before but it has always been at a gunshow or similar venue. This was my first chance to actually extensively dry fire one, take it apart, etc.

After examining the SIG, the design similarities become fairly obvious. Both guns use an internal "chassis" that is removable to house the trigger and sear components within the plastic frame.

The Ruger and SIG both hold 17 rounds and are very close in size and weight. The Ruger is 1.75 pounds empty while the SIG is 1.60 pounds.

Both pistols are shown using the medium grip pieces. Note that the Ruger is slightly thinner. It feels more rigid than the SIG. Not quite as "plasticy."

Overall height is pretty close too.

Complaints about the SIG:

I don't like the front lip on the mag well. It has been my experience that pistols with a flange or extended lip on the front can sometimes be difficult to reload.

The trigger is spongy and not as crisp as the Ruger. But is does seem to have a bit shorter reset.

I don't care for the SIG's mag release. As on the Gen4 Glocks, I can release the mag by applying pressure with my right-hand middle finger. The Ruger's release button is smaller and more out of the way.
    Note the lack of a trigger safety on the SIG.

While similar in overall height, the Ruger's chassis isn't as tall so the frame tang is higher. I prefer this because it allows a higher grip. The SIG feels really tall in my hand and, as a result, feels rather top heavy.

I haven't had the chance to actually shoot the SIG but will sometime this coming week.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I'd go with F150. They sell more of them than anything else, they're reasonably priced, they work, and they last a long time.

Nobody that lives in Hilux countries have the strange affinity for them like Americans do. They're just a stripped down Tacoma made from mostly Tacoma parts. Still tiny and underpowered like the Glock 42. I drove a Hilux two months ago. The best part about it is that I was beating someone else's truck into a POS instead of mine.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast