Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Want a Streamlight TLR-6 for your S&W Shield? You might be able to get one soon...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    i'm not saying that the gun is not worthy of being carried. i'm comparing it to a snub nose revolver, which has to be the market the g43 is in. there isn't a huge market for lights on snub nose revolvers is there? the case for gut busters and boot guns is that you use them as the last ditch. if you're already being attacked, you shoot. there's no need for target identification because it's clear and close. if you have it as a backup gun and your primary went down or was taken from you, the threat is close and identified.

i wouldn't use this gun to go looking for trouble. if there were a dark place with unknowns, i wouldn't go in with the g43, i also don't think that's what this gun was made for.

for your specific scenario of putting down a deer in the dark, does the light really have to be on your gun? that's a non emergent situation. you could accomplish that with a headlamp and the gun and every car should have a head lamp in it.

my argument is for all the emergent situations that this gun would legitimately be the most useful tool, lighting is a smaller factor.
    for real work, this gun can't be a primary use choice. this gun is the other option.
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    i'm not saying it's not accurate. that was not at all my point with all the factors i cited. it is similar to a snub nosed revolver (also not inaccurate at extended distances). what i'm saying is the primary use of such a gun precludes the use of a light. there's very few scenarios where a light and laser would be necessary for the primary use of this weapon.

my viewpoint is as narrow as i defined it and you have actually not yet presented anything that suggests the g43 is not in the snub nosed revolver category of use. this is not a derringer in 25 acp, that's not a snub nosed revolver. this is not about me getting one of these. if i had a use for such a weapon i would already have one. if i had one, i would not be getting a light for it.

let me paint you a picture. in a theater shooting scenario, you would not want to use a light. the threat has already identified himself. there is no need to light him for identification. all lighting does it identify you as his problem that deserves all his attention. yes, there will be muzzle flashes when you pop off at him, but that's a lot more subtle than 150 lumens before you start engaging.
    First, there are lights available for J-frames,

Hyskore grip light:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hyskore-J-Fram.../dp/B00V72R52G

Lasermax:
    http://www.amazon.com/LaserMax-Cente...T68982DGJ61ZHT

Here is a thread on the Lasermax:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ral-flashlight

Believe it or not there are situations where a full size pistol with a WML like a G19 w/Surefire X300 for example, aren't going to be carry options. It just depends on where you're going and how you are dressed that dictate what you can get away with carrying and how you can carry it.

The primary use of these weapons is self defense, they are not meant to, as you say, "go looking for trouble". You never know what situation life might put you in but you'll have to play the hand you're dealt. Nothing wrong with having a few cards up your sleeves to try and cheat your way out though, no?

If you can't understand the benefits of a WML for a self defense pistol, especially one that doesn't take up excess space on the end of the gun, then we merry band of gents can't help you. For ~ $100 you get a 100 lumen white light with a laser all in a package that doesn't stick out past the muzzle nor is it wider than the pistol and it fits in a space that already has to be accounted for in the mold of your holster.

However for me the biggest benefit of these lights will come if I am ever told to raise my right hand and then asked "Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

Now since you've stated you have no interest in these WMLs or the guns they go on and can't see the benefits they have to offer you have saved yourself ~ $600, congratulations. Now please find a different thread to take a shit in because you've already filled this one up.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Got the TLR-6 for my Shield last week and I'm waiting on a holster for it from Dara Holsters (lead time 3-5 weeks). I must say the throw and spill are impressive for such a small light.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dvor has them on sale right now. I've also got $20 credit coming so I was thinking of picking one up. The holster was my hang up. I'll have to check yours out.

I sighted one in on a G43 awhile back. They're nice units.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Got the TLR-6 for my Shield last week and I'm waiting on a holster for it from Dara Holsters (lead time 3-5 weeks). I must say the throw and spill are impressive for such a small light.
    I ordered from Warrior Concealment and recieved a TLR6 holster in 10 days. I was impressed with the holster quality at the price point. Very concealable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Dvor has them on sale right now. I've also got $20 credit coming so I was thinking of picking one up. The holster was my hang up. I'll have to check yours out.

I got a $50 gift card to Amazon for test driving a Camaro so I used that towards it. Win-Win, right?
    I got it from these guys on Amazon for $98.99 w/free shipping and no tax. I got it pretty quick for not being on Prime (I think it came in 2 days)
    https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6...reamlight+TLR6

Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    I ordered from Warrior Concealment and recieved a TLR6 holster in 10 days. I was impressed with the holster quality at the price point. Very concealable.
    $50 is not bad at all. Wish I had seen them before I ordered. The one from Dara Holsters with shipping and an extra J-hook was $82.98
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post

So I've had my holster and have been carrying my Shield with TLR-6 for about a month now. The holster is a nice piece. It seemed too tight at first but when I put it on my belt I had no problems drawing my gun. My only gripe is the body shield part of the holster could stand some trimming near the grip because it feels like it throws off my hand placement from time to time.

If you haven't taken the plunge yet Ryno I recommend you do.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you haven't taken the plunge yet Ryno I recommend you do.
    I haven't yet but yes, I need to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I've been looking at getting this light /laser combo for my Glock 43 mainly for the benefit of a light. Only thing that has held me back is I'll need to get more holsters to accommodate the TLR6.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234