Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pmags melting?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    There's a hint of gay in that sentence somehow.
    It's been like2 weeks since I heard the over played BrokeBack Mt jokes, let'er rip.

Feedback Score
    I think that constitutes being a dumb ass for not taking proper care of your equipment. As for the Vaseline test, they (military) considers it a petroleum product, which can melt certain plastic products as well as combust in an O2 environment. Not practical I know. There has also been cleaning solutions that have. The earlier ones were petrol based, ALA' the British Bullpup stocks melting with cleaning products on there earlier models.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe187 View Post
    In our initial testing of the PMAG at the joint readiness training center in Fort Polk, LA we fired about 300 rds in 6 to 9 rd bursts through an M249 SAW with the gunner changing out barrels after 210rds. The gunner was dumping the empty mags to his front and when he switched barrels he put the spare on top of a PMAG. Barrel was in contact with the mag for about a minute and it melted into the mag just barely. Bottom line, the mag remained functional and only had minor cosmetic damage. It is still in service today.
    And this pretty much answers the question.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123