Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey Ghost Precision Heavy

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Grey Ghost Precision Heavy

Anyone have any hands on experience with the Grey Ghost Precision Heavy? I am considering purchasing one and am primarily interested in empirical data on the accuracy and reliability of this rifle. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and experiences!!

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I have fondled one quite a bit, but have not shot it yet. It and its two younger brothers are all made by Mega Arms to Grey Ghosts specifications. Mega makes some decent stuff and the Spectre family is no different. The reviews have all been good and I have contemplated getting one, but want to shoot it side by side with the new DD offering before I make a decision. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Last edited by drtywk; 12-31-15 at 00:18.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    I custom built a rifle that is almost identical to this one. The only difference between mine and the GG is I used a Geisselle trigger and JP low mass BCG and silent capture. But otherwise, it's the same rifle. You asked about accuracy, I used the same barrel and I can tell you that mine is a shooter. I routinely get 1/2 MOA and have had some groups even smaller. (FGMM, 168gr) I even used the same Lantac Dragon brake and it works well. Shooting mine side by side with other AR10 rifles, mine shoots way smoother.

I built mine, then GG came out with theirs and I chuckled because theirs was so similar.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies and information. I agree regarding wanting to try out a DD5V1 and have been most surprised that this long after release the only sound on the DD5V1 is crickets when it comes to reviews etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I handled the DD gun at a LGS and it feels very maneuverable. Light and agile... More like a 5.56 gun. Handguards felt very small which was nice. Stock looks weird but easily replaced. Wish it was an 18" barrel in some ways. $2500

T

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I realize this is an old thread but have any of you had the chance to handle, shoot, own, etc. one of these rifles? I am referring to the Grey Ghost Specter Heavy since the thread veered off to DD at the end. Good, bad, indifferent?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have not seen one in the wild. I think the price on all these .308 AR's needs to drop. I built a Mega in .308 for $1600 with. Shilen SS blank and it shot well. Heck I would build another one as the GG gun is just a Mega. Unless the price dropped....

Feedback Score
    I recently received my Grey Ghost Heavy. Very nice rifle and I'm happy with it. The stock trigger felt good but I swapped it out for a Geissele ssa-e. I've taken it out the last few days and its run perfectly. So far I've shot Fed 168 and 175 gold medal and my 168 reloads. I put a Vortex viper pst 4x16 on it and no problem getting MOA groups. Best 5 shot group so far measured .6. The only issue I've had is the Mega slide lock charging handle likes to come loose under recoil so it comes back and hits me in the nose. Grey Ghost responded immediately and is sending me a new charging handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottW511 View Post
    I recently received my Grey Ghost Heavy. Very nice rifle and I'm happy with it. The stock trigger felt good but I swapped it out for a Geissele ssa-e. I've taken it out the last few days and its run perfectly. So far I've shot Fed 168 and 175 gold medal and my 168 reloads. I put a Vortex viper pst 4x16 on it and no problem getting MOA groups. Best 5 shot group so far measured .6. The only issue I've had is the Mega slide lock charging handle likes to come loose under recoil so it comes back and hits me in the nose. Grey Ghost responded immediately and is sending me a new charging handle.
    Great looking rifle. I really liked my Mega 308 build and it was accurate too. What did you have to give for the Grey Ghost?

T

Feedback Score
    List price is 2500, they had a Black Friday sale with 10% off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast