Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Sionics 11.5 barrel w/ reduced gas port function report.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    How do you like the scout light?
    I like the scout, but it's a little crowded on an 11.5, especially with the switch. I may just stick the clicky tailcap on it. It was mounted on a 14.5 ELW midlength upper before, with a KMR 13. That set up offered a little more room to work with.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    They were, yes.
    They made these in FSB too???? Fudge me. I did a lot of port size testing on an 11.5 using the insertable gas ports. I can't stand shooting suppressed SBRs with "standard" ports. It's just painful.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yeah I'll be getting one too next time. Funds didn't line up first go round.

Plus I want stuff more after it sells out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    *Patiently waiting for shipping email and in the mean time trying to decide which adjustable GB to go with*

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Just so you know. The barrel was meant to be run without an adjustable gas block.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BallJ View Post
    *Patiently waiting for shipping email and in the mean time trying to decide which adjustable GB to go with*

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score

any word on shipping yet?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Gunz,

Would you agree that .70 on an 11.5 is still conservative port size? I have had a lot of experience with chopping down car barrels with .0625 ports for suppressed builds in the 10.5-11" lengths that just flat run with a can, and still cycle and run 5.56 ammo with an H2 and some with H3 setups. I agree with the intended use that you mentioned for a specific client and why you went with a .070 gas port. Not arguing that.. But I am curious if you had run even smaller ports on 11.5 and if you found any major cons in your testing doing so?

I will be ordering one of your 11.5s to give it a go. Is it just an email sent out when in stock or am I missing something on the website?
    Came in here to post this.

I've cut down 16" Carbine barrels to 10.3" with 0.063" gas ports and with the LMT E carrier it still functioned. I can't remember his name, but a guy on here had managed to score a 0.058" gas port and even got that to work with an LMT carrier.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I agree to a point on the consensus of that without those actual numbers necessarily.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Righter13 View Post
    any word on shipping yet?
    Nope no word. I am sure they are running around with their hair on fire post shot show.

Jan and Feb are a terrible time to try to get ahold of manufactures. I have emails out to Krebs, Kalashnikov USA, I finally got a call back from CZ USA. It's understandable and kind of expected. Its a great and busy time to be a manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    Nope no word. I am sure they are running around with their hair on fire post shot show.

Jan and Feb are a terrible time to try to get ahold of manufactures. I have emails out to Krebs, Kalashnikov USA, I finally got a call back from CZ USA. It's understandable and kind of expected. Its a great and busy time to be a manufacturer.
    That's understandable. Especially with smaller companies.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast