Thread: Grip and Optic

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Grip and Optic

I am doing a simple 10.5 AP 5.56 pistol and will look for a discreet backpack for truck or occasional carry.

I have a spare H1 or T1 on tall mounts that I will eventually put on, but going backpack as my holster and wondering if a larger optic would aid in picking up the dot faster on a AR pistol.

Has anyone tried both T1 and Pro sized optics and find an edge in getting on the dot when "cheeking" a pistol tube or it does not matter and stay small to keep the profile down?

Also wondering about the durability and general use of the Mako folding pistol grip, again using the backpack and looking for any edge in withdrawing from the smallest backpack that would work.

I would use 20 round mags to keep the profile down or even a 10 while in the backpack and switch out when I can.

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Eew. I would stay away from anything Mako.

I carried a long gun daily for years, in a backpack,vehicle etc. It's not the Grip that snags, it's the optic and CH latch.... if you're using a Mod 3 Latch. Stay away from those if you're worried about snag points.

I ran Comp series and the T1 for years. Both are great. I didn't notice a difference in sight aquisition in either however you do notice the weight. The comp series has a lot larger field of view. I like both styles a lot.

Just think, if you go quality, you can always sell or trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Also, carrying I a backpack....speed is not something that i would associate with that kind of carry.

It's not like a sling at low ready or drawing a pistol.

Unless you want to establish a grip inside the pack and just ventilate the bottom of your pack lol.

But do try and find a good 5.11 that unzips all the way to the bottom, then you can leave it halfway zipped and just hit the connecting latch to open it if you're in that kind of hurry
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    For the grip, check out the troy CQB grip:

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I like the short grip. I will order one when I recover from the big purchase. thanks

BCm, thanks for the info. All good advice.