Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Active Shooter Response - Thought Experiment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by twadsw01 View Post
    Are you saying, if you're a civilian, to give yourself 30sec of assessing the situation before you make a shoot/no-shoot decision when you see someone with a gun?
    No. I'm saying if it takes longer than that time to find and stop an active shooter you start running the risk of confronting responding officers.

If you're in a store or church or wherever and you see someone shooting absolutely stop that guy. The idea of chasing down someone in a mall or large area has a lot of risk involved.

Feedback Score
    There's a lot of great info on the site. I can say as a police officer and former Infantry Officer in the Marine corps that target discrimination is very difficult under these types of situations. If you have a gun out you are at a higher risk of being shot. That being said police officer are very good at reading body language. It is very easy to tell someone apart who is intent on harm and someone who is confused but holding a gun. This type of info is impossible to capture in a forum but easy to gather in a snapshot. I wrote an article covering this very topic with my recommendations on what to do if you happen to find yourself in this scenario. Let me now what you think. http://www.tierthreetactical.com/ana...n-isis-attack/
    Crossfit Level 1 Coach, Former Marine Officer, Current Police Officer

Owner of Tier Three Tactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I found the article to be informative and well written.

I don't fully agree with this part of your post, though - That being said police officer are very good at reading body language.

I'd change it to MOST police officers are adept at reading body language in LOWER STRESS situations. In high stress situations a less experienced/inoculated officer will often focus on larger elements and miss subtle cues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I found the article to be informative and well written.

I don't fully agree with this part of your post, though - That being said police officer are very good at reading body language.

I'd change it to MOST police officers are adept at reading body language in LOWER STRESS situations. In high stress situations a less experienced/inoculated officer will often focus on larger elements and miss subtle cues.
    I think you are probably right. I have certainly seen some clueless guy/gals out there. Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you liked it.
    Crossfit Level 1 Coach, Former Marine Officer, Current Police Officer

Owner of Tier Three Tactical

Feedback Score
    I'm not an LEO, but I'll chime in...

I'm not going to seek out an engagement, period. Unless the thing pops off right in front of me, I'm GTFO. Just not enough context in a very dynamic situation to do otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234