Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Source for A1 stripped uppers and 1:7 A1 profile FSB barrels?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
    Regarding projectile weight(s) and barrel twist ... I'll leave this here (you may have to actually cut and paste the entire link).

Hope it helps: ammo-oracle.razoreye.net
    If I was building a .223 bolt gun I wanted to shoot at distance I would definitely got for 1/7 as I could shoot the heavier 77 and 80 grain bullets and also have a greater OOL than the spec for a AR rifle

William is right though
    for a battle rifle I would want a 1/7 but for Joe average range guy who wanted to build a pencil barrel, insert not overly accurate when compared to a dedicated precision gun, a 1/9 might just be the twist rate he/she wants

Feedback Score
    I currently have 4 pencil barrels; 2 with 1-8" and 2 with 1-7". Although I haven't fired any MK262 77 grain rounds yet I've had no problems with anything yet between the two.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    I said in my initial post
    "Here is a 1/9 twist chrome lined barrel
    personally I think 1/9 is better for a range rifle
    1/7 you are limited to 62+ grain bullets
    1/9 you can shoot the more common 55 to 75 grain bullets "

while its doubtful even with 55 grain bullets in a 1/7 twist rifle a 1/9 personally would be a better option
    I did not say without a doubt 1/9 is better but IMHO as a range gun and with the delton barrel I offered another, not better or worse, option
    buy what you want
    I have a M16A4 clone with a 1/9 barrel it shoots just fine for me and my son
    that being said my information wasn't incorrect and this is my last response regarding this
    I don't want to said track this Thread as I too will be buying parts to build a retro AR too and this information is good for everyone

Feedback Score
    Right ... I just put that link in here so folks can have at least one source of good reference if they have nothing else. It's long reading but good reading and I have no reason to suspect the data is wrong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcchet9296 View Post
    I said in my initial post
    "Here is a 1/9 twist chrome lined barrel
    personally I think 1/9 is better for a range rifle
    1/7 you are limited to 62+ grain bullets
    1/9 you can shoot the more common 55 to 75 grain bullets "

while its doubtful even with 55 grain bullets in a 1/7 twist rifle a 1/9 personally would be a better option
    I did not say without a doubt 1/9 is better but IMHO as a range gun and with the delton barrel I offered another, not better or worse, option
    buy what you want
    I have a M16A4 clone with a 1/9 barrel it shoots just fine for me and my son
    that being said my information wasn't incorrect and this is my last response regarding this
    I don't want to said track this Thread as I too will be buying parts to build a retro AR too and this information is good for everyone

This is American and everyone has there own opinion and can do what they like, and I love it.
    Unfortunately the tone being set here is really pushing to get quality treads like this closed.
    Iraqgunz is a highly respected SME in his field who has forgotten more of this stuff than we will ever know. I have learned a ton from him!
    I hope everyone cant take a deep breath and just chill out so we can all have a good time and learn.
    Rant over.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    A. No one disrespected you.

B. Your information is factually incorrect regardless of what you think. Why the military chose what it did makes no difference at this point because it has been the MIL STD for over 30 years.

Im not going to into a pissing match about this but I will say this
    the only reason the military went with the 1/7 was because the rounds the military used didn't work well under extreme cold with a faster twist and I believe also tracer rounds stabilized better with 1/7
    1/8 would be the ideal but 1/9 will work better with common 55, 62, and 69 grain bullets
    I see you are a master armorer and prior service so I will show you respect you didn't show me and leave it at that
    but I have offered in my prior post another option besides 1/7 and 1/12 twist barrels

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I don't know if they'd have what you need but Battle Rifle Company is a great 100% veterans business that does top shelf work with top quality parts.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    Unless my information received previously is wrong but I've been told that Battle Rifle Company makes the retro barrels for Brownells ... (???)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GRA556 View Post
    Unless my information received previously is wrong but I've been told that Battle Rifle Company makes the retro barrels for Brownells ... (???)
    Could be Nodak makes the uppers and lowers

Feedback Score
    Could be Nodak makes the uppers and lowers
    Yes that is my understanding also regarding the retro receivers.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast